Hi, i just bought a Used BB 9550, and the seller stated in the auction - "come complete with charger,earbuds,battery,manuals,cds,original box,and as an added bonus mirror screen protector,holster clip,and charging dock...
    phone and all accessories are in very good condition
    no scratches on screen...there is 1 minor scratch on the battery cover..."

i emailed him and asked about scrathes and the seller said "yes there is some scratches and blemishes on it".
    And i agree to buy since he said "yes there is some scratches and blemishes on it"

But when i got the phone, i got the phone with a dead battery, a box with different s/n number, a phone with a 500hours + voice usage, an a body as you can see in the picture Yfrog Album

And this is the answer from the seller :
    -I had the original box....my wife and I had the same phone and I did not think that matching up the numbers was an issue, and I have since sold the other phone in that box.
    - The battery needs to be charged, it's been awhil. it came with a charger. I had an issue even sending the battery with the Post office.
    -Good Condition has nothing to do with the data usage...I stated nothing about the data usage in the auction.
    - The BODY IS NOT extremely bad and it does not cost that much to change the housing on the phone...and you were told that it had minor scratches...I told you "yes there is some scratches and blemishes on it. Do you still want it?" and you answered ok, i will take it.Am i have to bid now, and you end the auction ?
    And 1 more last question, if it is a refurbished phone, i don't want it, if it is not, i take it and it is NOT a refurbished phone, so you bought a used phone in GOOD condition.

Please give me your opinion, IS IT A GOOD USED CONDITION AS IT SHOULD BE ? Or the phone is not represent what he said/stated which mean It is a Bad Condition Phone ?

I just imagine if this is a Good Condition, what the Bad Condition look like.
    11-30-10 11:37 AM
    I'd say it's fair condition, and shows signs of normal wear. There is of course no way to tell from picture if it has internal OR moisture damage. Is it exhibiting any strange behaviors? Did you pay a fair price?
    11-30-10 11:54 AM
    I am on the same boat as PK here, when buying a used phone Data and voice dont matter... its the functionality of the phone.

Batteries die, and boxes get recycled. I would be happy just to have a proper box for the phone.

If you got it for a decent price I would be happy.

Not to flame, but i think you are being too picky.
    You expecting NEW LIKE phone conditions and not one that has been used.

Enjoy the phone, when you buy used and dont see it before hand these are things you have to deal with.
    11-30-10 12:09 PM
    Depend of the price. For a 600$ phone it must be in perfect shape. But for 150$ its normal to see some scratch on it.

The seller was fair. He warn you of the scratches and did not lie on anything. I dont think you can do something for that....

And seriously: a dead battery is something normal after some days in the shipping and may be some weeks on the tablet before the auction. And do you really care about serial numbers on the box?
    11-30-10 12:20 PM
    I agree with Fubaz...you are being WAY too picky. You are buying a used device. The type of device that gets handled, shoved into pants pockets (with keys and god knows what else), tossed onto counter tops at the end of a day, etc... I think I take exceptional care of my BlackBerry and still, when I see it side-by-side with a brand new device, I am astonished at how much wear and tear I see on my device.

The important thing is that it functions properly. If it does and you paid a decent price then I would say you've come out ahead! After all, you had the option of purchasing a brand new device and YOU opted to try and save a few bucks. You can't expect the device to look brand new. Well, you could...but that would be incredibly unrealistic.

Again, as along as the device functions properly I really don't see what the problem is. Unless the seller was claiming the device was in MINT condition (which he did not) you did not get ripped off.

Personally, I would never, ever, ever, never buy a BlackBerry used...for a lot of reasons. That's just me. I wish you good luck with your kind-of new device.

ALB
    11-30-10 12:20 PM
    I'd say it's fair condition, and shows signs of normal wear. There is of course no way to tell from picture if it has internal OR moisture damage. Is it exhibiting any strange behaviors? Did you pay a fair price?
    $200 for that phone. About behaviour, i still don't know, i haven't used the phone yet
    Moisture, i don't know too, who knows, since i look at the hole for the headset, it is very very dirty (you can see from the photo).

I am on the same boat as PK here, when buying a used phone Data and voice dont matter... its the functionality of the phone.
    Batteries die, and boxes get recycled. I would be happy just to have a proper box for the phone.
    If you got it for a decent price I would be happy.
    Not to flame, but i think you are being too picky.
    You expecting NEW LIKE phone conditions and not one that has been used.
    Enjoy the phone, when you buy used and dont see it before hand these are things you have to deal with.
    I dont think i expected a LIKE NEW phone, i know there are some scratches as the seller said, but please look closely at the picture (zoom it), is that condition appropriate for a phone that stated "Very Good Condition and there are some scratches" ? Doesn't it false advertising ? The scrathes are not only some, but on the whole body (see the pic carefully), but that's in my opinion, since i very often buying phones but just never got a phone like that for a phone that stated "in a very good condition"
    That's why i ask people opinion about this. I have bought more that 50 phones from Ebay but never got a phone like this for a phone that stated "Very Good Condition"
    Also i ever bought several Bb 9550 cheaper than this one and got much better condition.
    I just need to know for future whether description "Very Good Condition" is like this phone in many people opinion, so i know i have to search a better description if i have to buy better condition than this one.

And do you really care about serial numbers on the box?
    Yes i care about the seriall number, because i bought this for selling it again.
    Last edited by gpg; 11-30-10 at 12:50 PM.
    11-30-10 12:25 PM
    $200 for that phone. ...
    Yes i care about the seriall number, because i bought this for selling it again.
    if you paid $200 for that phone with the intention of selling it again, you got had. should have asked for quality pictures before making the transaction. with the proliferation of digital photography equipment, it should not be hard or unreasonable to request quality pictures prior to purchasing something over the internet.
    11-30-10 12:55 PM
    200 is top dollar for a used Storm2, and not something I would have paid if I was looking to turn over the phone and make a profit, cause you can't really expect more than that for it. It's an EOL device, it's used, it's not mint, and the market value just won't bear making a profit. You'd be lucky to get 200 again. I would have been more comfortable if you said you were going to use it yourself.
    11-30-10 01:47 PM
    I agree, in my opinion, $125 for that phone would be max I personally would have paid.
    11-30-10 04:25 PM
    That phone is somewhere between Fair and Good condition. Out of all the pictures, the one with the headphone jack is the only qustionable one. I can't tell if that's just fuzz in there or something else.

The battery is not DEAD. The moisture indicator is not red in the picture, so it's fine. The battery doesn't need to have a partial charge for it to be good. Charge it up.

Me personally, I wouldn't have paid more then $75-$100 for that phone if it truly is somewhat beat up like that. When I moved on, my 9530 was in prestine condition (not a scratch, bump, blemish, NOTHING) and I wouldn't have expected to get more then $150 for it. I didn't sell it, but that's beside the point.

If the person you bought this from didn't have pictures of the phone, then you cannot fault them for not verbally describing the condition of it to what you think is "good" condition. Everyone's viewpoint on the condition of something is very different. Me, personally, I wouldn't have bought that phone, but someone else might think it's in perfect condition and be perfectly happy with it. Not me.

Finally, as for the serials not matching between the box and the phone, it's possible the seller might have had more then one phone purchased for use and simply mixed up the boxes (no big deal) or that he's had the phone replaced by Verizon at least once under warranty... something that doesn't come with a new box.

But hey, look at the plus part of it all. You got a free signal booster sticker thingy with your new Storm2!
    11-30-10 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD