09-13-09 07:14 PM
    you must of missed the tutorial on enabiling wifi on the storm. I will post it again only this once.

from the home screen hit the BB button>options>mobile network>show keyboard>type out enable wifi>select the wifi network you want to use>select yes to save>reboot storm

wait for it.........................

Then after it reboots hit the Manage Network Connections button and guess what. You still wont have wifi because the hardware is not in the storm 1. And those wifi memory cards do not have the correct drivers for them to work with a BB.
    lol literally
    09-13-09 07:34 PM
    i really am enjoying this thread.. i wonder how many people have actually tried doing that.
    09-13-09 09:16 PM
    you must of missed the tutorial on enabiling wifi on the storm. I will post it again only this once.

from the home screen hit the BB button>options>mobile network>show keyboard>type out enable wifi>select the wifi network you want to use>select yes to save>reboot storm

wait for it.........................

Then after it reboots hit the Manage Network Connections button and guess what. You still wont have wifi because the hardware is not in the storm 1. And those wifi memory cards do not have the correct drivers for them to work with a BB.
    I think that wifi was initially on the storm but VZW made RIM remove it...that or RIM just did a heck of a job hiding it.
    09-13-09 10:53 PM
    there is NO data support with these range extenders. They only do voice. Kind of like VOIP service. You will not get a better 3G connection
    Well I guess you're half right...

Network extenders do not support 3G EVDO but they do fully support 1xRTT. 1x service has carried data just fine since about 1999.
    09-14-09 12:29 AM
    there should be new generations of the network extender being tested soon, with EVDO as well as the voice channel, but idk anything about timelines...just keep your fingers crossed...
    09-14-09 12:38 AM
    I got the wifi to work on My Storm 1. Works great. All you have to do is enter in secret code
    09-14-09 12:45 AM
    Well I guess you're half right...

Network extenders do not support 3G EVDO but they do fully support 1xRTT. 1x service has carried data just fine since about 1999.
    Ok so I didnt go into detail. Would you like you cookie now And really the data that you can get on 1x is so **** slow its ridiculous.
    09-14-09 02:33 AM
    Since it is a VZW exclusive phone and they usually do not have wifi on their phones I don't see RIM even wasting the effort installing a wifi chip/radio into the phone at all.
    09-14-09 05:32 AM
    Since it is a VZW exclusive phone and they usually do not have wifi on their phones I don't see RIM even wasting the effort installing a wifi chip/radio into the phone at all.
    1) it's not just VZW, it's all CDMA blackberries...there has never been a CDMA blackberry ever...however, there are plenty of non-berry devices with wi-fi

2) you're right, they won't go back and add wi-fi to the 9530, however everything after the tour is rumored to have wi-fi, but we'll see about that

just thought i'd touch on those two points since you brought it up
    09-14-09 05:35 AM
    Hey...

You have a very interesting question in your mind. I think the one of the straight & simple way to enable wifi

hit the BB button->options->mobile network->show keyboard->type out enable wifi->select the network->select yes to save-> and finally reboot storm
    09-14-09 05:47 AM
    1) it's not just VZW, it's all CDMA blackberries...there has never been a CDMA blackberry ever...however, there are plenty of non-berry devices with wi-fi

2) you're right, they won't go back and add wi-fi to the 9530, however everything after the tour is rumored to have wi-fi, but we'll see about that

just thought i'd touch on those two points since you brought it up
    Thanks for clearing it up
    09-14-09 06:09 AM
    no problem, i'm sure it would have come up...it always does

i just like to cover all the bases in advance so we can at least argue over something new!
    09-14-09 12:49 PM
    Hi, I'm really new to all of this. I am in Haiti. Just brought a BB Storm 9530 phone that was on Verizon network. I was able to unlock it and it works fine. Just cant get it to connect to the internet. The LED light is flashing GREEN, which means it's connected somehow. But I still can't log on... HELP me please!

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 02:35 PM
    You do know that if you recalibrate the Kanuten Valve located behind the Muffler Bearing on the main board, you can indeed activate the WiFi on the Storm. I did it and in works great. I now get free WiFi where ever I go. I love my Storm.
    Nice, can you tell us more providing pics addressing the process...
    It seems you're the only one around who achieved this

Sincerely,
    11-01-09 03:49 PM
    if only our wishes could come true..
    11-02-09 01:05 PM
    I just got an iPod Touch and use that for the internet and other applications when on WiFi. A couple of hundred dollars and you can't go wrong. You can't use BBM but I think you will still be able to manage.

11-02-09 03:00 PM
    that WAS a funny pic! And THAT is the only way you are gonna get wifi on the storm, or rather the storm on wifi.
    11-02-09 03:23 PM
    use your bluetooth option
    lol
    11-02-09 04:37 PM
    how do i do this??? is this a joke?
    01-22-10 12:41 PM
    use your bluetooth option
    lol
    to connect to a PC or how?
    01-22-10 12:41 PM
    You need to find the flex capacitor and then somehow generate 1.21 jigawatts of energy...then poof, you get wifi.

01-22-10 04:47 PM
    ok, this is officialy my favorite thread
    01-22-10 05:06 PM
    I have a Storm 1 and I personally don't need WiFi. I get Verizon just fine where I live (not 3G though) and I pay the $30 a month for Data, so I just use the internet on the Network. I personally could care less if I could get a faster or better connection, what I currently have is fine enough.

Just throwing my two cents in.

Also, cariduros, it's a Flux Capacitor, not a Flex.
    Last edited by renaissance247; 01-24-10 at 12:22 AM.
    01-24-10 12:19 AM
    no wifi hardware in storm
    01-25-10 02:49 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD