has anyone else thought of putting the pearl motherboard in a Vertu Ferrrari Ascenti TI Housing? I think I am going to give it a shot, to see if the pearl parts will fit inside the Vertu phone nicely or not.

Any thoughts of whether or not it could work? I will look for a cheap pearl with a beaten up housing.

Here is a link with specs on the Vertu phone I am talking about.
    Replica copy clone VERTU Ascent Ti Ferrari III

I love my BB's, however this would be fun to pull off!

Cheers,
    Last edited by andybrydon; 05-11-09 at 10:50 PM.
    05-11-09 10:48 PM
    Just viewing the pictures of that casing, it doesn't appear the Pearl would fit in that housing. Just my opinion.
    05-12-09 01:54 AM
    I don't think that it could fit too!
    05-12-09 05:02 AM
    If it were me, I'd want to get all of the specific measurements before I started purchasing parts for the mod. In particular the internal dimensions of the housing, and the L X W X D dimensions of the board.
    I believe the biggest hurdles are the differences in the number of buttons on the keypad. Would the software which works on the Pearl be able to function correctly with different hardware? Would you have to write new software?
    If you do try this, I'd be interested in reading about the project and end results, so please post.
    Good luck!
    05-12-09 07:46 AM
    This sounds like an interesting project. I've got a few questions though. What's the deal with these luxury phones? I checked out the link posted by the OP & the retail price listed was ridiculous. What makes a phone worth that much money especially if you have to turn it into a bb to get what you want out of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 08:55 AM
    What's the deal with these luxury phones? I checked out the link posted by the OP & the retail price listed was ridiculous. What makes a phone worth that much money especially if you have to turn it into a bb to get what you want out of it.
    That link was just to a replica. Do a search for genuine luxury phones. $8,000+

Buy Vertu Ascent Ti Ferrari Collection 08 Quadband 3G Unlocked Phone, Ferrari Rosso, Giallo Unlocked SIM Free at Plemix.com

I don't see a need, but I'm sure if someone is selling them, there must be someone buying them.

Here's an even "better" one:

Tourneau | Constellation - Polished 18kt YG | Black Leather

Last edited by alleycat0124; 05-12-09 at 11:33 AM.
    05-12-09 09:06 AM
    Holy ****! That cell phone costs more than my car!! Lol some people just have too much money!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 11:50 AM
    If it were me, I'd want to get all of the specific measurements before I started purchasing parts for the mod. In particular the internal dimensions of the housing, and the L X W X D dimensions of the board.
    I believe the biggest hurdles are the differences in the number of buttons on the keypad. Would the software which works on the Pearl be able to function correctly with different hardware? Would you have to write new software?
    If you do try this, I'd be interested in reading about the project and end results, so please post.
    Good luck!
    Looking soley at the dimensions of the phone we have:

The Vertu:
    Dimensions: 115 x 45 x 18.5 mm

The lovely Pearl:
    Dimensions: 107 x 50 x 14.0 mm

Anyone think I can shave 5mm off the sides of a pearl? I don't own one. I am very tempted to pick one up to try this out.

Any reasonable criticism is appreciated.
    05-12-09 03:11 PM
    i doubt it would fit properly, plus you need the midplate for battery contacts and the speaker...
    05-12-09 03:16 PM
    Anyone think I can shave 5mm off the sides of a pearl? I don't own one. I am very tempted to pick one up to try this out.

Any reasonable criticism is appreciated.
    You need to measure the board, not the chassis of the Pearl. Is that what the measurements for the Pearl are? If so, than no, in my opinion, this won't work.

No, do not clip the board. You can very easily and almost certainly ruin it.
    05-12-09 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD