How many people here have any shares in Rim? Think it`s a good idea or have reasons why you won`t.
    01-18-11 01:09 AM
    I won't... it's pretty clear they are gonna start sinking here pretty fast
    Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-18-11 01:15 AM
    If I had some extra cash to invest at the ripe age of 25, I would put some in RIM. Will they catch up this year? Not completely, but will make some moves to close the gap. Will they be a power player in the long haul? I truly believe they will. They bought QNX like Google bought Android. They need time and nourishment, so to speak, to grow this baby.

Sadly... Once I have my Masters (if I stick to it like I am now) at 28 it will be too late to put that money where my blabber is.

This is my belief from a business standpoint, not a fanboys. Wrong I have been, so we will all stand by and see...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-18-11 01:20 AM
    I`ve been reading here every day trying to get a feel on this topic & I place great value in all replys.
    Thank you to all honest opinions.
    01-18-11 01:38 AM
    Just wait. You will be eating your words by the end of 2011.

Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-18-11 01:43 AM
    That`s why I always speak softly, Makes my words easyer to chew if I have to come back and eat them....Okay so it`s Two to one , I am keeping score & will post the tally`s from time to time.
    Thanks again
    01-18-11 02:11 AM
    End of 2011 isn't long enough for me to "eat my words".

Investing in stock now wouldn't mean I'm looking for returns in a year... Try 5 or even a decade for returns worth the investment, but most investments are made in terms of trying to gain on capital investment in a 20+ year period.

Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-18-11 02:26 AM
    Just wait. You will be eating your words by the end of 2011.

And say I had invested in 2010... I would have posted a positive gain as the stock grew, along with the world market share. He asked about investments, not 4G, not dual core processors, and not having the biggest stick in the battle... He asked about having a good return. Look at last quarter my friend. I'm not wrong about this but could be wrong about the next 10 years... I'm hoping, as well as thinking, I won't be.

Then again, everyone is wrong not only sometimes, but often. I will always try to admit when I am.

Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-18-11 02:32 AM
    From an investment standpoint, now would be an ideal time to jump into Rim and in a few days, jumping on some Apple stock would be wise too. With Jobs taking a LOA, for health reasons the stock will fall... I would imagine the reason he waited for national holiday to announce it says it all.

Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-18-11 07:13 AM
    Very true about Apple... They will rise again once they give Jobs his robotic (insert body part here).

01-18-11 02:00 PM
    I agree, the time to jump on RIM stock would seemingly be right now. But as with tech stocks in the past, be careful. In the late 1990's stocks in techology were booming and then that all changed. If you're gonna do it, tread lightly unless you really know what you're doing.
    Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-18-11 02:09 PM
    If I was going to invest money and I had decided mobile was the way I want to go. Yea in a heartbeat I'd invest in Rim. I do everytime I buy a phone. People here are just running their head. Rim isn't going under. They have been doing smartphones for a long time. We're not seeing rim going backwards we're seeing the rest of the mobile world getting the clue. BB has set the standard not the pace. See what people fail to realise is that the android is and os spread over several device brands. It depends on them companies to stay alive. Now we have the ip that has it on os. Its pretty shakey with them. The masses hate being restricted but stay tuned in cause of the refreshes. But face it. You'll have control over the iphone like you do the BB while jailed. If you'll notice tjeres a lot on tje internet about jailbreaking the iphone and rooting the android. Tje reason this is because of the limits inposed by the oses. Very little is on the rim oses. You can pretty much do what you want on your device and that how it should be. Security should be set on data leaving the phone not what you do with it. Rim markets aray of different devices to meet tje taste of it customers. With iphone your stuck with that one model. Android you might lime the os but not the device. So in a nut shell Rim hits a lot of hands shown by their sells. How long before androids device builder start their on os and drop android. How long can they stay afloat in a pinch? Compentition only makes tje market stronger. Look for some cool stuff here soon from Rim.

Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-18-11 02:58 PM
    13echo4 has best described how I feel about Rim even if I`m not qualified to understand the why`s & the what not`s but I feel Rim is a mature company & I have confidence that they will continue to make wise decicions for the next Twenty years. It`s not always the Kid out front that finishes the race, The early bird catches the worm But the second mouse gets the cheese
    Reed McLay likes this.
    01-18-11 07:03 PM
    The early bird catches the worm But the second mouse gets the cheese
    Man I have never heard that before. I like it. Its so true...

01-19-11 11:52 AM
    As someone who owns stock (bought my first few shares with high school graduation money) and trades frequently.
    I must say RIM isn't ringing any bells for me. Investing in their phones has been enough...and now it's time to cut my losses and move on to something that is better for me.

Now I'm no expert on this at all, but I will say my stock buying decisions have been pretty good.

My only regret is I didn't have enough money to buy more

I also wish I could have gotten a piece of Berkshire Hathaway back in the day...If I did I'd buy all of you a new phone...full retail
    01-19-11 12:21 PM
    Tough call. Apple expects to sell 100 million handsets in 2011, and Android is growing faster than Apple. Doesn't leave much room for RIM to grow. If Playbook doesn't sell big then the stock will be cheaper later this year. I'll buy the products rather than the shares.

Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-19-11 12:24 PM
    Rim is going to sell BlackBerrys. There is a lot of busnesses still using them. There's still a lot of customers that like em. Look in our forum alone. Dozens of blackberry owners likeing their blackberrys. Just a couple trolls here and there spreading their misarable cheer. Then you have a few other platform likers that have to come enlighten us of the world of darkness we live in. As if we have never seen the the light and just since we seen it we will move to it.
    Saying that a company is growing faster than another company doesn't mean much. What I mean is say the faster growing company increased sales by 30% and the other increased 21%. Now in our conversation you would think the 1st company is doing better. Well let's say that 1st company usually sells 1000 units a day. 30% increase= 1300 units. Company 2 sells 2000 units a 21% increase= 2420 units. On top of that what has spiked the increase? Did the company pickup a new retailer or was a device released. There's a chance that some of that increase to taper off alittle.

Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-20-11 04:35 PM
    We have to look at the numbers before sitting down to make that decision. RIM isnt going anywheres.
    Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-20-11 04:37 PM
    We have to look at the numbers before sitting down to make that decision. RIM isnt going anywheres.
    I'm not sure I caught your meaning - isn't going anywhere? Or isn't going away?
    01-20-11 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD