Long story short. I've been using an iphone for about a year now. I'm sort of missing the bb. I've picked up an unlocked bb torch 9800 and hooked it up to my fido account. Got them to switch my data from iphone data to bb data plan. I set everything up and all works well. BB messenger, Browser ( works well still not as good as iphones but a HUGE step up from previous bb ones), IM. Only issue is my mail comes with a huge delay. Now that was the one feature I was missing the most and it doesn't work properly. All my email arrives like 10-30 minutes after its sent. All the accounts are set up with imap servers, except hotmail they use pop3. Only one that works right is a gmail account I don't really use. When I run the connection diagnostic test it shows the email accounts as not connected to BIS, and gmail is. I think that's likely the source of the problem but have no idea how to fix it. Does this have something to do with me using the iphone with these accounts as it fetches the email? Another weird thing is when I set up the accouNts on the berry it didn't download my messeges off the server like I think it should. Please any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Matt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 01:57 PM
    I know yahoo and gmail are instant. Hotmail i'm not sure but any other essentially polls every 15 minutes. If a mail comes in then it will poll sooner just in case something else comes in. That's just how it works.
    09-04-10 03:25 PM
    I know yahoo and gmail are instant. Hotmail i'm not sure but any other essentially polls every 15 minutes. If a mail comes in then it will poll sooner just in case something else comes in. That's just how it works.
    Thing is I had bb before and I remember the emails were instant. Always. The moment it was sent it arrived within seconds. That was true PUSH email. I can't believe that its suppose to work like this. Even when I know there's an email I can't get till it just shows up whenever it decides to. Doesn't sound right

09-04-10 04:17 PM
    You are mis-remembering.
    09-04-10 05:31 PM
    I have Gmail and I don't always get my emails instantly...sometimes they come in instant or I get a delay from 1-15 minutes...I never receive after 15 minutes, but I thought Gmail was always suppose to be instant....

09-04-10 09:26 PM
    Thing is I had bb before and I remember the emails were instant. Always. The moment it was sent it arrived within seconds.
    I have 2 hotmail accounts and in all cases new emails arrive within *one* second

Always lands on my BB well before my PC gets it

Tested this dozens times every day

Bought an item on Amazon y'day and as I clicked to Buy my BB sounded email confirmation of purchase (i had not even released the mouse button)

I have 8520 - am in UK so it maybe different service
    09-05-10 04:29 AM
    Hotmail is garbage, Gmail and Yahoo are instant. Try re-sending service books in the email setup application and re-add your email accounts.
    09-05-10 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD