I have a godaddy email. the emails were fast in the past but now have slowed down a lot. Are the emails not pushed anymore? I have a 9650
    02-22-12 05:17 PM
    Email is still pushed. There isn't a user setting to control the push frequency. Here's a good article that describes your email account options. Methods of Receiving Email on BlackBerry - BlackBerryFAQ
    02-22-12 07:39 PM
    Email is still pushed. There isn't a user setting to control the push frequency. Here's a good article that describes your email account options. Methods of Receiving Email on BlackBerry - BlackBerryFAQ

Thanks for the link.

Did rimm change the system. I use to receive emails immediate since the days of owning 8830 but now it is delayed close to 20 mins on avg and other times for hours. The immediate email was fav feature of blackberry.
    02-22-12 09:35 PM
    Are you using the same email address now as you were when you were getting faster delivery? Try sending an email to your blackberry email address and see if it is delivered as quickly as you expect. The issue may be with your email ISP. I haven't heard anything about RIM changing the way BIS email works.
    02-22-12 09:44 PM
    Hey,

I am using the same address as before. I have noticed that I am not getting the message turnicated due to size anymore. The large attachments are coming through so I was wondering if rimm changed something. I am using godaddy if that makes any difference.

thank you so much for the help thus far
    02-22-12 10:34 PM
    I don't have any experience with GoDaddy. Did you send an email to your blackberry email address? Did it arrive quickly?
    02-23-12 06:50 AM
    i sent an [email protected] and got an error message
    02-23-12 05:10 PM
    I wonder if GoDaddy's service is slipping ... Maybe because of the economy?
    02-23-12 05:19 PM
    i sent an [email protected] and got an error message
    The Verizon BlackBerry address is [email protected]

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-23-12 05:31 PM
    I don't think it's godaddy. Any BIS emails, whether it's OWA, godaddy, yahoo, or gmail push are all slow...sometimes to 10-15 minutes delay. I just thought it was a BIS thing because it's been like that on all my bb models, from curve 3g, 9700, and older models, 8820, and 8310.

My iphone doesn't have that delay so to get my BB emails faster, I just forward to my bb email address which then comes immediately. I'm ok with that solution.
    02-23-12 10:00 PM
    Emails are being pushed immediato my phone on two different BB. Not sure what delays you guys are having but mine are working instantly. The only ones that are delayed a little bit are with attachments in the emails, they're still being pushed through within seconds though.
    02-24-12 12:10 AM
    I have a godaddy email. the emails were fast in the past but now have slowed down a lot. Are the emails not pushed anymore? I have a 9650
    Your GoDaddy email is probably a POP account. Blackberry will check that email every 15 minutes and upon finding a message, will check the account every 5 minutes for a certain period of time. If there is no more activity, the account gets checked every 15 minutes.

To convert your GoDaddy POP to push email on your Blackberry, do this:

1. Have GoDaddy send a BCC of any incoming email to your blackberry email with your carrier. Your Blackberry email is [email protected]

2. Login to your Blackberry Web Client and edit your Blackberry email by putting your GoDaddy email address in the "Reply to" field.

Voila. You now have push email on your Blackberry.

If this helped you, please give me a "Thanks" by clicking "Thanks" on the bottom right of my post.
    02-24-12 04:09 AM
    Maybe it's your carrier. BIS push is instantaneous for me.
    02-24-12 10:35 AM
    I have Go Daddy email hosting and it gets to me about 2-3 seconds after godaddy itself gets it. It shocks me how fast actually.
    02-24-12 11:52 AM
    I have sent an email to [email protected] and I am not getting a message on my blackberry....shall I call verizon
    02-26-12 04:32 PM
    Yes, contact your carrier's Customer Service. If the BlackBerry email address isn't working, they should be able to help.
    02-26-12 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD