I am on a BIS at work. My emails are delyed 10-15 on my bb. IS there any way to get instant or much faster delivery to my BB from my outlook? thanks
    Edit/Delete Message
    06-30-09 02:56 PM
    Do your emails come from a POP3 account or directly from the [email protected]? One could be much faster than the other and if that's the case, you could forward the slower one to the faster one.
    06-30-09 03:08 PM
    it comes from my work email...ialso have hotmail,which comes instantly
    06-30-09 03:14 PM
    There are a couple of topics on the forum already but the short answer is no, you cannot get your mail any quicker on BIS, it's just the way the infrastructure works.
    06-30-09 05:24 PM
    Hotmail, GMail, Yahoo Mail, AOL Mail and a handful of others are pushed at near real time.

POP3 email isn't. You will typically see mail between 2 and 15 minutes later. That's just how it works on BIS.
    06-30-09 05:26 PM
    OWA is the same way, e-mails show up on the device between 5 and 10 minutes after they arrive on the desktop.

If you're running Exchange at work (I'm sure you can do this with other servers as well, but I'm an Exchange guy; you'll need an admin's help if that's not you) you could create a blackberry.net addy for your device and add it as an address book entry on your Exchange server. Then you can have your Exchange e-mail address forward a copy of all e-mails to your blackberry.net address. In my situation having done that, delivery was near instantaneous.

*shrug*

Just a thought.
    06-30-09 05:36 PM
    i use OWA...there's no workaround for this?
    07-01-09 07:13 AM
    i use OWA...there's no workaround for this?
    OWA is the web-based interface for Exchange. The only workaround that I'm aware of is (like I said above) for your Exchange admin to add your blackberry.net e-mail address to the Exchange address book, and set your Exchange e-mail address to forward a copy of all e-mail to your blackberry.net address.
    07-01-09 09:24 AM
    i just asked my IT guy. he can add the bb address but says i will then get 2 emails on my blackberry which seems it would be more annoying than the delay..thnk u anyway for the suggestion.
    07-01-09 10:10 AM
    i just asked my IT guy. he can add the bb address but says i will then get 2 emails on my blackberry which seems it would be more annoying than the delay..thnk u anyway for the suggestion.
    I go through the same thing on my end.
    07-01-09 10:16 AM
    i will then get 2 emails on my blackberry
    Not if you remove your OWA account from your device.
    07-01-09 10:45 AM
    but then my replies would be from my vzw and not my work
    07-01-09 10:51 AM
    There's no way to speed it up.
    07-01-09 10:56 AM
    There's no way to speed it up.
    Exactly, and no way to check it manually.
    07-01-09 11:01 AM
    but then my replies would be from my vzw and not my work
    *nod*

Your Exchange server should resolve the blackberry.net address to whatever name the administrator puts in the address book entry, but yeah, the replies would come from your blackberry.net addy.

Alternately, you could try something like AstraSync. For a $50/year licensing fee, you get EAS (Exchange Active Sync) on your BlackBerry. The only problem with that, though, is that AstraSync is a separate application and isn't very well integrated with the rest of the BlackBerry.
    07-01-09 11:46 AM
    Its ok....not worth the hassle....im hooked on speed and instant gratification...perhaps this is a good tool to slow me the **** down!
    07-01-09 01:17 PM
    How about doing as has been suggested and forwarding your emails to your blackberry email address but then logging in to your BIS website and setting up a filter to not send the OWA account mails to the Blackberry. Then you'd still have the account on your phone and could send your replies from that account but wouldn't be receiving the emails twice.

That might be a workable work around for you but it would of course mean deletions are no longer synchronised.
    07-01-09 01:23 PM
    How about doing as has been suggested and forwarding your emails to your blackberry email address but then logging in to your BIS website and setting up a filter to not send the OWA account mails to the Blackberry.
    That's... GENIUS!
    07-01-09 01:28 PM
    how do i change my vzw bb address to reply with my work email?
    07-01-09 03:01 PM
    how do i change my vzw bb address to reply with my work email?
    You don't. If you have it FWDing to your BB addy, and you've got BIS set to not FWD your OWA email to your device, then when you get an e-mail to your device that you need to reply from your OWA address, just trackball up to the "from" field and change the address to your OWA address.
    07-01-09 03:05 PM
    it doesnt let me change the from address in a reply...only in a new msg
    07-01-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD