I bought a Verizon Tour 9630 off of CL. Come to find out, when I check the MEID later with Verizon, the phone was reported stolen. Unfortunately I've been scammed. My main reason of buying the phone though was so that I can use it over seas. Since the phone is reported stolen, can it be used overseas?
    04-17-11 08:54 PM
    I bought a Verizon Tour 9630 off of CL. Come to find out, when I check the MEID later with Verizon, the phone was reported stolen. Unfortunately I've been scammed. My main reason of buying the phone though was so that I can use it over seas. Since the phone is reported stolen, can it be used overseas?
    No, it is trash if it is stolen. Sorry.
    04-17-11 08:58 PM
    Yea, this is why I don't buy any CDMA phones or Blackberries off of CL, and why I generally don't use CDMA carriers anymore period.

Not hard to sell, report stolen, pay a cheap deducting, and get a new one/replacement and still have some extra cash, while the buyer is left scratching their head (on any CDMA phone).
    04-17-11 09:00 PM
    You MIGHT be able to use it, if you get it unlocked, in europe, HOWEVER you probably won't have data, as the PIN will be blocked. But it MIGHT work as just a phone and for text. Your best bet though, is to try to get your money back.
    04-17-11 09:02 PM
    Do European countries use CDMA phones?
    04-17-11 09:13 PM
    There are CDMA markets in Europe and Asia, yes.

A scammer isn't going to give you your money back. They sold you the phone knowing full well it was blocked. It's probably a phone they didn't pay the bill on and decided to get some money from :P
    04-17-11 09:56 PM
    Do European countries use CDMA phones?
    No they don't, but the Tour is a World Phone, so in addition to its CDMA radio, it also has a quad band GSM radio.
    04-17-11 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD