Hi all,

I have 2 little problems I am trying to get corrected.

I purchased a new SE Passport that I want to update the software and get my settings in order as I currently have them on my Classic.

The next issue I have is my Classic has a small notification problem when the screen is locked. I had the same issue in the summer and managed to correct it by backing up and re installing.

I tried connecting to BlackBerry Link and it doesn't appear to register or connect to any of my devices. I recall seeing a note on Crackberry about BlackBerry Link not supporting Windows 10, does this mean that with Windows 10 there is zero way of using BlackBerry Link? If that's the case then what are BlackBerry users suppose to use for documents and other features?

Thanks for any assistance anybody can offer. Really put in a crimp in my new SE Passport that I was looking to rock starting next week.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 01:47 AM
    Mmmmhhhh... does your PC have a Windows 7/8 license (sticker or on motherboard)?

You could temporarily revert back to an earlier version, do your thing, and then restore the Windows 10 partition. Try "Macrium Reflect Free", it can back up the whole PC for you...

Or do you have a relo or friend with a Windows PC that still has 7/8/8.1?

:-)

  "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D  
    11-20-16 03:28 AM
    Mmmmhhhh... does your PC have a Windows 7/8 license (sticker or on motherboard)?

You could temporarily revert back to an earlier version, do your thing, and then restore the Windows 10 partition. Try "Macrium Reflect Free", it can back up the whole PC for you...

Or do you have a relo or friend with a Windows PC that still has 7/8/8.1?

:-)

The desktop computer I am using with BlackBerry Link had Windows 7 and then somebody in the house did the auto update and I hate it.

I did a full back up and restore back in July with no issues. I should be able to track down a laptop of computer with Windows 7 in order to get this to work.

Really dumb question since I don't know, but does BlackBerry Link allow any "cloud" storage? I suspect everything I have saved and unloaded on it would just be saved onto my hard drive, correct?

This issue almost seems like a monumental error that BlackBerry can't ignore. What would anybody do with a new phone that needs to be updated or anything? Just a very strange scenario that hopefully gets fixed here soon. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 03:58 AM
    The desktop computer I am using with BlackBerry Link had Windows 7 and then somebody in the house did the auto update and I hate it.

I did a full back up and restore back in July with no issues. I should be able to track down a laptop of computer with Windows 7 in order to get this to work.

Really dumb question since I don't know, but does BlackBerry Link allow any "cloud" storage? I suspect everything I have saved and unloaded on it would just be saved onto my hard drive, correct?

This issue almost seems like a monumental error that BlackBerry can't ignore. What would anybody do with a new phone that needs to be updated or anything? Just a very strange scenario that hopefully gets fixed here soon. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    You can use the Windows Explorer to copy stuff off, or back up the whole phone into one large file ("Full backup") or just simply let it "sync" Documents, Photos, Videos and Music.

Moving things from your PC to Google Drive or OneDrive, etc. is up to you, if you wanna do that... :-)

(you could also copy the whole single backup file to cloud storage for safekeeping)

11-20-16 02:21 PM
    I have been using link. With Windows 10. Since the update was available I have noticed no problems.

#luvmybb10os
    11-20-16 02:51 PM
    I know that some users are having issues since it was reported on Crackberry.

The issue I am having is getting my devices to actually connect when they are plugged into the computer.

I can't really do anything with Link. It opens up but I can't do anything like back up and restore.

I am going to phone BlackBerry Tech support tomorrow and hopefully find some additional answers.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 05:50 PM
    I know that some users are having issues since it was reported on Crackberry.

The issue I am having is getting my devices to actually connect when they are plugged into the computer.

I can't really do anything with Link. It opens up but I can't do anything like back up and restore.

I am going to phone BlackBerry Tech support tomorrow and hopefully find some additional answers.

Posted via CB10
    It might be driver (-software) related...
    let us know how you went... :-)

11-21-16 01:09 AM
    Here's a silly thing that might work for you
    Uninstall BlackBerry link,
    Reinstall BlackBerry link,
    Reboot your PC
    Reboot your phone
    Connect with a cable

Should work then. If it doesn't, try a factory reset on your passport.

Also, BlackBerry link works fine on windows 10. For me anyway..
    11-21-16 05:48 AM