Probably a silly question because I think I know the answer. �But I�m getting the new 8520 via insurance because my curve track ball went bad. I can�t even depress the trackball to input my password hence can�t even wipe the device before sending it back. Anyway will I have to purchase all new programs like docs to go?
    08-02-09 12:48 PM
    For starters, you can still enter your password to access your device by using the enter key (towards the bottom right of your keypad) instead of depressing the trackball, which might help you out a bit.
    As far as the apps go, where did you download them from? So long as you got them from the crackberry app store, it looks like there's an option to change the pin associated with your account, which would (I think anyway) give you the ability to re-install the programs on your new phone no problem, so long as there aren't any compatibility issues between your current phone and the new one. Otherwise, if your trackball still kind of works for scrolling, see if you can download the new BB app world, which comes with the ability to transfer apps you currently have onto an SD card, which can then be put in your new phone allowing you to re-install the apps at no extra charge.
    Good luck.
    08-02-09 01:03 PM
    Thanks for your reply

Hmmm the blackberry app world would be an excellent way to transfer the apps�.but I do have the apps saved on my PC. I�m just worried about compatibility issues. Whats the worst that could happen if their was a compatibility issue?

Tried the enter key (looks like an arrow?) didn�t work
    08-02-09 01:12 PM
    You can wipe your BB using JL Commander:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Choose option 5, Reset To Factory.
    08-02-09 02:57 PM
    the swiss army knife program works really good as well
    08-02-09 03:28 PM
    I don't know sorry
    08-02-09 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD