I heard about the Public Radio Tuner on All Things Considered today. It's available for the iPhone (and iPod Touch) from the Apple App Store for free. It allows you to tune into all? 260 public radio stations in the US. I've tried it on my iPod, so naturally I searched for a Blackberry version and found this article:

Public Radio Tuner � About the Project

The iPhone was chosen, because of the availability of a software development kit. While they are looking into other platforms, it doesn't look like it will be coming to the BlackBerry anytime soon.

So come on NPR fans, lets get the Public Radio Exchange and RIM working on this.
    03-03-09 05:03 PM
    This would be nice. To bad the dumb Iphone will get it before us.
    03-03-09 05:11 PM
    You can listen to quite a few of them + BBC World using Flycast.
    03-03-09 10:35 PM
    Yeah, have used Flycast on some. This app is optimized for wireless use so I think the performance is better than 3rd party app that's streaming the regular internet feed.
    03-04-09 06:59 AM
    Check out Radio Companion too.
    03-04-09 08:17 AM
    I can find and play NPR stations on my BB. This app is specifically design for NPR for streaming on smart phones. I have it on my iPod and it's great. I would expect it to work equally well on my Curve if and when it gets there.
    03-04-09 10:23 AM
    So, I am stuck not getting my local NPR station on my BB Pearl 8230 flip? I had modio on my Storm and it worked fine. NG for my Pearl?
    tdygoblue
    01-25-10 02:06 PM
    Check out iheartradio or moodio on the bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vincentnyc; 01-25-10 at 07:44 PM.
    01-25-10 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD