Slowly but surely...?

Took my girlfriend out for her birthday dinner last night, her kids were along as well. We're taking a few pics; daughter's boyfriend (19-20?, current iPhone user) wants to see her Z30 - very interested in it. It's dinner and we're enjoying our food, talking, etc. so he doesn't spend long with it but I hand him mine to see as well since I don't have the flip case on it. He plays around with it some more and exclaims "it's really nice" and that he's ready to try something else besides getting another iPhone.

Earlier that day she was with a group of family/friends and showing them some video she'd taken with the Z30 and they were all impressed with the phone in general, asking questions about it, surprised it was a BlackBerry.

Even her kinda-elderly mother was curious, asked me last night if it was an Android phone!

I know this is all just casual, anecdotal evidence but it seems the anti-BlackBerry sneer is fading. People that have a chance to look at and fiddle around with these phones appear impressed by them, when in an environment where it's not required for them to look down on something that isn't what they're used to.

I also know that the everyday consumer isn't BB's concern at this time. But every little bit has got to help. It stinks that there's very little easy path to a new BB for most people here in the U.S. Walk into any phone store and you're lucky to find one in stock, much less anyone that knows anything about them.

Richard
    09-30-14 09:43 AM
    It does seem that the perception among average consumers is changing slightly. I think the best aspect of that is that it seems to be happening very organically. Unfortunately, as it may seem to be changing (ever so slightly) with the average consumer it's still VERY much a bloody cage match with the media.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry 10.
    Playbook007 likes this.
    09-30-14 10:02 AM
    Thanks for the great story

#BBFactCheck
    09-30-14 11:15 AM
    All my family members and most of my friends have gone back to BlackBerry 10, most with the Z30.

From my ? phone
    09-30-14 12:48 PM
    Well, the perception on BlackBerry is defenitly changing.
    I owned a Z10 from the launch day and a Q10 since august.
    The friends i always go out with didn'kt even gave my Z10 a look and almost didn't ask anything about it for 1,5 years.
    I sold it and bought a Q10 in august. They just looked at it and thought it looked nice. Still they did not say anything about changing to bbry from their Iphones and droids.
    BUT!
    The launch of the passport and social media reaction to this phone changed EVERYTHING!

This weekend we went out with a bunch of friends to "de efteling".
    When we made the transfer (2h ride with the car) they suddenly showed interest in my Q10, BlackBerry os 10.3 and the passport.

They asked me out about the phones and software for about 1h30 (the transfer to there) and 1h30 on the road back.

They did not believe their eyes when i pulled out my Q10 on the way back home with stil 72% battery left. This while we watched to the worlds cycling for about 1h. (livestream).

I hinted them that the passport even has a More Bad *** battery.

When we ended the conversation they asked me if i knew some people who where looking for a iphone

Ready to transfer to a BlackBerry 10 from a apple device? Yes they are!
    (the 2guys with a droid wanted a Q10).

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 01:01 PM
    Well, the perception on BlackBerry is defenitly changing.
    I owned a Z10 from the launch day and a Q10 since august.
    The friends i always go out with didn'kt even gave my Z10 a look and almost didn't ask anything about it for 1,5 years.
    I sold it and bought a Q10 in august. They just looked at it and thought it looked nice. Still they did not say anything about changing to bbry from their Iphones and droids.
    BUT!
    The launch of the passport and social media reaction to this phone changed EVERYTHING!

This weekend we went out with a bunch of friends to "de efteling".
    When we made the transfer (2h ride with the car) they suddenly showed interest in my Q10, BlackBerry os 10.3 and the passport.

They asked me out about the phones and software for about 1h30 (the transfer to there) and 1h30 on the road back.

They did not believe their eyes when i pulled out my Q10 on the way back home with stil 72% battery left. This while we watched to the worlds cycling for about 1h. (livestream).

I hinted them that the passport even has a More Bad *** battery.

When we ended the conversation they asked me if i knew some people who where looking for a iphone

Ready to transfer to a BlackBerry 10 from a apple device? Yes they are!
    (the 2guys with a droid wanted a Q10).

Posted via CB10
    Excellent! Love reading/hearing things like that. Thanks for sharing that.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry 10.
    09-30-14 03:07 PM