09-06-17 06:56 PM
36 12
tools
    I've recently switched from swissmail to protonmail. I got my invite a year ago and have been transitioning since then. Swissmail was full of features but the ui was terrible and slow where protonmail has a very modern and easy to use ui but is lacking in a lot of features. Swissmail is also more expensive about $50 for 1gb where protonmail gives you 5gb for the same price (actually I think swissmail is more expensive) There is no pop or imap settings because they think tis too insecure so access is only via the Web or their app. The android app works (running a cobalt patched version) but it would be nice to have something that pushes notifications to the hub. It actually may do that too I just have yet to get any hub notifications. Early in 2015 they said they were considering a BB10 version or to release the api by the end of the year so clearly they are delayed on that decision. Everyone should click the link to generate more interests cause a native app with hub integration would be amazing.
    You mind sharing the apk?
    My issue with the protonmail app is that I have to continuously have to re enter my password every time I open the app. It is very annoying . It worked fine before on the beta version. Also no hub notifications is a bummer as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 08:02 PM
    You mind sharing the apk?
    My issue with the protonmail app is that I have to continuously have to re enter my password every time I open the app. It is very annoying . It worked fine before on the beta version. Also no hub notifications is a bummer as well.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried to do it yourself? The app is patched using colbalt's patcher and depends upon colbalt's patched Google services as well. If you don't have it installed it won't work so you should follow the instructions here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/

BTW, it keeps me logged in but so far I have yet to see a hub notification
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 03-22-16 at 11:02 PM.
    03-22-16 09:46 PM
    Agree with the need for a BB10 integration of Protonmail. Seems unlikely, but possible. Until then (or until the foreseeable future) HTML5 ftw.
    05-25-16 08:16 PM
    Set the browser for it to set up short cut for the home screen or download the Android version from their site. Notifications pop up directly in the hub that you have emails pending. it works fine, the two step verification process is needed to gain access but given the nature of the service, it's understandable.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 09:25 AM
    Use start page browser to access ProtonMail, don't mind logging in, feel more secure. Been with them, from invitation days, slowly using other services less, and ProtonMail more. Great Service.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 07:34 PM
    ProtonMail and Neutron Player?

Looks like a good combo to me... :-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    05-30-16 08:54 PM
    Started using ProtonMail a few days ago and it's amazing, also the android app works very well.
    Atm using protonmail for financial & business related messages and everything else (junk) on my Gmail address which I had to create anyway because of the Play Store :/

Posted via the Priv running 'the Google'
    06-01-16 08:52 AM
    I used ProtonMail over 2 years on desktops/laptops and at last decided to try it on BB Passport. It works. But: no notifications, often pop up message "update Google services", sometimes slow. In terms of battery usage it's more economical compared to WeChat and Telegram (just as example). About 1% in 40 min. May be that will change in future.
    No bugs so far. I'll keep it probably but lack of notifications is very inconvenient, of course.
    07-20-17 05:20 AM
    Right now we work on any web browser you have on your phone, but we are working on building apps for the end of the year. Sorry to say we'll be focusing on iOS and Android first (to reach the most people in need), but we will definitely build a BlackBerry app as well if we get enough requests!

jason at protonmail dot ch
    I use Protonmail on PC, Android and Passport (with Android App). It works on Passport, but only when the App is openend. I would be glad if a BlackBerry Version would appear in BlackBerry App world.
    07-20-17 09:44 AM
    Its a good service. Better key than most for 2FA really simple to add your public key to your facebook. Touch screen BB10 ratio is perfect to run in your password keeper, not so for a classic. I have the crashlitics beta for classic though and it seems great so far. Not surprised they were attacked. Unfortunate but hopefully progressive.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 05:43 PM
    IMAP support will come out some day
    09-06-17 06:56 PM
36 12