Anyone here ever heard of Protonmail and plan to use the service? Do you think that there will be an app on BB for it?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    05-23-14 01:02 AM
    Have an account already. Looks to be a fine start for secure e-mail. We shall see. An app is anyone's guess.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    05-23-14 06:08 AM
    Right now we work on any web browser you have on your phone, but we are working on building apps for the end of the year. Sorry to say we'll be focusing on iOS and Android first (to reach the most people in need), but we will definitely build a BlackBerry app as well if we get enough requests!

jason at protonmail dot ch

Have an account already. Looks to be a fine start for secure e-mail. We shall see. An app is anyone's guess.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    kbz1960, Smitty13, Matt J and 2 others like this.
    05-23-14 06:25 PM
    Right now we work on any web browser you have on your phone, but we are working on building apps for the end of the year. Sorry to say we'll be focusing on iOS and Android first (to reach the most people in need), but we will definitely build a BlackBerry app as well if we get enough requests!

jason at protonmail dot ch
    Thanks Jason. I'm looking forward to having it.

05-23-14 06:27 PM
    Everyone on Crackberry sign up and spread the word. We need a ProntoMail app on BlackBerry.

05-23-14 07:06 PM
    Wondering how long it will be before we can get the invite to start using the service. Anyone have any idea. if you don't know what it is you can sign up here. Protonmail.ch. They'll make an app for BlackBerry if all of Crackberry nation screams loud enough.

05-25-14 10:53 AM
    I just joined, too. Why do we need an app when email is accessible through the Hub?
    stevobbm likes this.
    05-25-14 11:38 AM
    I just joined, too. Why do we need an app when email is accessible through the Hub?
    My thoughts precisely

Posted via CB10
    stevobbm likes this.
    05-25-14 11:44 AM
    Everyone on Crackberry sign up and spread the word. We need a ProntoMail app on BlackBerry.

Why do we need an app?
    There's not one email app out there anywhere close to the hub.
    05-25-14 11:53 AM
    I guess you're right about that. But what ever you write in the app stays encrypted, separate from prying eyes.

05-25-14 01:01 PM
    I guess you're right about that. But what ever you write in the app stays encrypted, separate from prying eyes.
    Interesting point. My entire BlackBerry is off-limits to prying eyes. I keep it password locked when it's not under my direct, masculine physical control.
    05-25-14 01:04 PM
    Interesting point. My entire BlackBerry is off-limits to prying eyes. I keep it password locked when it's not under my direct, masculine physical control.
    Same here. No reason to share with anyone without permission.

05-25-14 02:11 PM
    So, Just to be clear! If I add the ProtonMail account to my BB z10 hub i will be able to send encrypted emails to everyone?

The emails will be de-crypted in my inbox (in the Hub) so only people having access to my BB 10 Device could read them?

Any particlular settings?

Thank you!

P.s. Could anyone post any screenshots... of settings, email examples, etc? Of course do this with some drafts... and blurr out anything private.
    05-28-14 03:35 PM
    Wow. I got my protonmail invite on Thursday. Everyone should sign up. I'm hoping that they will have cloud services in the future.

*VI* Posted Via CB10 on my Z10*VI*
    09-06-14 10:39 AM
    Any news / updates ?

BB Q10 user
    11-30-14 02:20 AM
    I just got my invite today. Still no app for BB10.
    09-15-15 01:50 PM
    So, Just to be clear! If I add the ProtonMail account to my BB z10 hub i will be able to send encrypted emails to everyone?

The emails will be de-crypted in my inbox (in the Hub) so only people having access to my BB 10 Device could read them?

Any particlular settings?

Thank you!

P.s. Could anyone post any screenshots... of settings, email examples, etc? Of course do this with some drafts... and blurr out anything private.
    No. Proton Mail sends encrypted email to other Proton users. Everyone else just gets a web link to the message.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 05:13 AM
    Clicking a link to read an email, uggh. Another step seems a bit much.

Posted from my Blackberry Classic
    09-16-15 06:51 AM
    Proton Mail is https access via a browser only at present. Email is kept in a cave in switzerland - and I think they will charge for more than 1GB

I presume this is why access is via an App - hub access of course would be fantastic - but then not be secure?

There is a Beta App for iOS and Android - but none for BB10 or WP.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 08:14 AM
    I just got my invite today. Still no app for BB10.
    You vote for a BB10 app here https://protonmail.uservoice.com/for...4d702e920a09ab

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 05:01 PM
    Looks like Protonmail was able to beef up their systems against the DDOS attacks.

Has anyone decided to leave the service because they initially paid the ransom?

I think they have learned from their lesson and this experience will only make them stronger.

Couple tweets from ProtonMail

@ProtonMail: @FinancialBear We will never pay again.

Original: https://twitter.com/ProtonMail/statu...87272141316096

@ProtonMail: We are again under extremely heavy attack, site may not always be reachable as defenses are under strain. We are fighting back.

https://twitter.com/ProtonMail/statu...49936769204224

@ProtonMail: Attacked for 6 days now, but we're still up. If the attackers think we will give up, they are wrong. WE WILL RESIST. https://t.co/RnC8L99U0U

https://twitter.com/ProtonMail/statu...52775440551936

@ProtonMail: At 3AM today, after 3 days of hard work, we beat the attackers who tried to deny us our human right to privacy. We thank all who helped us.

https://twitter.com/ProtonMail/statu...52854716030976

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 10:21 AM
    This is a good service.. They are actually taking the right steps from a corporate and product perspective to offer private, secure email to people.
    11-10-15 08:05 AM
    ProtonMail coming out of Beta in January

ProtonMail Development and Release Update | ProtonMail Blog https://protonmail.com/blog/release-date/

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 11:17 PM
    If I use keepass or copy and paste the password on the browser of my blackberry, I get an invalid password.
    Why is that?
    How I can fix this?
    03-15-16 10:03 AM
    You vote for a BB10 app here https://protonmail.uservoice.com/for...4d702e920a09ab

Posted via CB10
    I've recently switched from swissmail to protonmail. I got my invite a year ago and have been transitioning since then. Swissmail was full of features but the ui was terrible and slow where protonmail has a very modern and easy to use ui but is lacking in a lot of features. Swissmail is also more expensive about $50 for 1gb where protonmail gives you 5gb for the same price (actually I think swissmail is more expensive) There is no pop or imap settings because they think tis too insecure so access is only via the Web or their app. The android app works (running a cobalt patched version) but it would be nice to have something that pushes notifications to the hub. It actually may do that too I just have yet to get any hub notifications. Early in 2015 they said they were considering a BB10 version or to release the api by the end of the year so clearly they are delayed on that decision. Everyone should click the link to generate more interests cause a native app with hub integration would be amazing.
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    03-21-16 04:51 AM
36 12