One person that may or may not fall into the "prosumer" category doesn't speak to the thoughts of others in that group.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    09-28-13 04:28 PM
    Which business apps? Maybe I'm missing them.

The information contained in this product / on this site is for information purposes only, and may not apply to your situation. The author, publisher, distributor and provider provide no warranty about the content or accuracy of content enclosed. Information provided is subjective. Keep this in mind when reviewing this guide. Neither the Publisher nor Author shall be liable for any loss of profit or any other commercial damages resulting from use of this guide. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.
    Yes, you are missing them.
    09-28-13 04:57 PM
    One person that may or may not fall into the "prosumer" category doesn't speak to the thoughts of others in that group.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    Blackberries belong in board rooms and on the red carpet. That's it.
    09-28-13 06:28 PM
    Hmm, I work long hours too. I guess I need to stop using my iPhone now and go back to my Z10 (which actually has far less business apps).
    Define 'business '

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    09-28-13 06:30 PM
    Maybe prosumers would like blackberries more if it came with a laser pointer, and a cash register.

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    09-28-13 06:52 PM
    Define 'business '

Oh, notes/word processing, task management, multiple types of group management or task delegation, a very nice evernote app, sophisticated dictation, travel support including airline apps that work, expense apps linking to Dropbox, banking apps. Well, you get the idea.

Posted via CB10
    Terser Nori likes this.
    09-28-13 08:01 PM
    Define 'business '

Apps I use to perform business activities and help me do my job. Whether it's an app that allows me to connect to my corporate sales database, participate in joint whiteboard sessions with my customers, view project management data, etc.

I have about 20 "business" apps that I use regularly on my iPhone/iPad that are not available for my Z10.
    09-28-13 08:33 PM
    Apps I use to perform business activities and help me do my job. Whether it's an app that allows me to connect to my corporate sales database, participate in joint whiteboard sessions with my customers, view project management data, etc.

I have about 20 "business" apps that I use regularly on my iPhone/iPad that are not available for my Z10.
    What are they????? These important apps.

The information contained in this product / on this site is for information purposes only, and may not apply to your situation. The author, publisher, distributor and provider provide no warranty about the content or accuracy of content enclosed. Information provided is subjective. Keep this in mind when reviewing this guide. Neither the Publisher nor Author shall be liable for any loss of profit or any other commercial damages resulting from use of this guide. All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy, or any other implied or explicit purpose.
    09-28-13 09:19 PM
    What are they????? These important apps.

Two of us responded.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 05:03 AM
    OS10.0 was terrible and I know also people that switched their 10 devises because of this ,over another platform

Sent from my Z10
    09-29-13 07:58 AM
    Oh, notes/word processing, task management, multiple types of group management or task delegation, a very nice evernote app, sophisticated dictation, travel support including airline apps that work, expense apps linking to Dropbox, banking apps. Well, you get the idea.

Posted via CB10
    What about shipping/tracking aps like ups, USPS, DHL, FedEx, and tnt (some prosumers use these on a daily basis to get s&h quotes).

Apps that link to credit card processing, and invoicing with card swiping technology, and mobile receipt printing would be nice like like square, Paypal HERE, intuit, vterminal?, merchant ware, and etc (services that some prosumers might use more than candy crush).

Quality booking apps that actually will give you the best prices for hotel, auto rental, and dining would be nice.

I know that these apps are not blackberry's to provide on BBM, but having apps like these on a BlackBerry would make the difference to some people on terms of which phone they use as a backup, and being comfortable in taking a z10/q10/z30 as a stand alone smart phone. Just my opinion though.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:56 AM
    I just want to know why a partner in one of London's largest law firms is using a Curve instead of a Bold.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:10 AM
    What about shipping/tracking aps like ups, USPS, DHL, FedEx, and tnt (some prosumers use these on a daily basis to get s&h quotes).

Apps that link to credit card processing, and invoicing with card swiping technology, and mobile receipt printing would be nice like like square, Paypal HERE, intuit, vterminal?, merchant ware, and etc (services that some prosumers might use more than candy crush).

Quality booking apps that actually will give you the best prices for hotel, auto rental, and dining would be nice.

I know that these apps are not blackberry's to provide on BBM, but having apps like these on a BlackBerry would make the difference to some people on terms of which phone they use as a backup, and being comfortable in taking a z10/q10/z30 as a stand alone smart phone. Just my opinion though.

Posted via CB10
    I picked ones I personnaly use. Except for the travel apps I don't use many of the ones you listed but I agree many people do. That is even more of a problem for BlackBerry because they need to get such a wide range of apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:33 AM
    I picked ones I personnaly use. Except for the travel apps I don't use many of the ones you listed but I agree many people do. That is even more of a problem for BlackBerry because they need to get such a wide range of apps.

Posted via CB10
    Just adding a few more apps to your list. Different people have different needs. I was just listing a few I believe would be useful to some that are involved in trading goods/services for money.

Right now I enjoy using my z10, but it is not exactly used for anything other than posting in this forum, checking one email account, viewing BlackBerry channels, and occasionally browsing a website

For me the BlackBerry 10 has the best ui out of the other system (gesture control, text input), but the lack of available software does hurt it.

I am still going to get the z30 when it's available to me.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 12:27 PM
    Oh, notes/word processing,
    Z10 has all this. Docs. PDF annotations

task management,
    Remember, slick tasks, lazy lists

Calendar
    multiple types of group management or task delegation,

a very nice evernote app, integrated

sophisticated dictation, say it, parrot,

travel support including airline apps that work, my corporate travel app on enterprise links with everyone and everything I need

expense apps linking to Dropbox, my petro app links to several other apps both integrated and linked to the cloud, as well as the enterprise side.

banking apps. Ing, CIBC, TD

Well, you get the idea.

Posted via CB10
    I still don't understand why you would say that there are no business apps?

I'm confused

09-29-13 01:08 PM
    BlackBerry Prosumer = unicorn
    09-29-13 01:09 PM
    I still don't understand why you would say that there are no business apps?

I'm confused

Remember is grossly deficient to Evernote on the iOS or Android platform in my experience. I use Basecamp and Asana for project management, and task delegation, don't see them. I don't see my airline app, maybe there are other carriers, but I haven't seen mine. Dictimus is full function dictation with an option to then transfer via Dropbox to either my assistant who can use Dragon Naturally Speaking on it or to a dictation/transcription service - after I make the dictation I can easily send it to either pathway. For tasks I use Omnifocus, a very rich tool that integrates across phone, ipad and desktop. Likewise with word processing and presentations I can do them on my desktop, and they are saved to the cloud automatically and then when I open that app on an iOS device it is automatically added. Just having some app that does some part of the function isn't enough, altough in a number of cases, American Airlines, Basecamp, Asana, and others I don't think they have anything like those.
    09-29-13 01:24 PM
    I just want to know why a partner in one of London's largest law firms is using a Curve instead of a Bold.

Posted via CB10
    It's all they had. He did have a 9900 but gave it up for his Q10 and when he gave it back all the IT department had was a curve. He just wanted something that worked.

I see a post above mentioning 10.0 was prone to freezing and buggy. My wife and I loaded the 10.2 leak as soon as we switched on our phones so never experienced 10.0. However, BB10 was delayed so Blackberry could "polish" it. That was a lie, it simply was not ready and still was not ready at launch. I believe Heins misled us about this by saying his Z10 was stable and never froze or rebooted. Belfast Dispatcher pointed this out and he was a huge fan of Blackberry before this happened.
    09-29-13 01:49 PM
    Remember is grossly deficient to Evernote on the iOS or Android platform in my experience. I use Basecamp and Asana for project management, and task delegation, don't see them. I don't see my airline app, maybe there are other carriers, but I haven't seen mine. Dictimus is full function dictation with an option to then transfer via Dropbox to either my assistant who can use Dragon Naturally Speaking on it or to a dictation/transcription service - after I make the dictation I can easily send it to either pathway. For tasks I use Omnifocus, a very rich tool that integrates across phone, ipad and desktop. Likewise with word processing and presentations I can do them on my desktop, and they are saved to the cloud automatically and then when I open that app on an iOS device it is automatically added. Just having some app that does some part of the function isn't enough, altough in a number of cases, American Airlines, Basecamp, Asana, and others I don't think they have anything like those.

Ok. So you like specific apps. I'm assuming that these are the only ones that work? So why is there so many choices of apps? Why do people demand enormous numbers to be available?

BlackBerry Z10.
    09-29-13 05:53 PM
    Ok. So you like specific apps. I'm assuming that these are the only ones that work? So why is there so many choices of apps? Why do people demand enormous numbers to be available?

BlackBerry Z10.
    It isn't just that they are specific. They are really high quality and they are integrated across the whole ecosystem. I can use Siri on my phone to add a task to Omnifocus and it shows up on my desktop and iPad automatically. Also, it there are lots missing. I use Basecamp, which is a web based project management site. There is an iPhone app for it. There isn't a BB app. The fact that there are some airline apps is irrelevant if it isn't my airline. There isn't an app for my airline.
    09-29-13 06:12 PM
    It isn't just that they are specific. They are really high quality and they are integrated across the whole ecosystem. I can use Siri on my phone to add a task to Omnifocus and it shows up on my desktop and iPad automatically. Also, it there are lots missing. I use Basecamp, which is a web based project management site. There is an iPhone app for it. There isn't a BB app. The fact that there are some airline apps is irrelevant if it isn't my airline. There isn't an app for my airline.

Cool. I understand what you are saying. I'm just very lucky that my company has all the required apps located on my VPC which is accessed through the citrix app. I'm still hoping for the best for BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Z10.
    09-29-13 06:25 PM
    Yes he must not be using the Z10 and Q10 with the 10.1MR OS.
    Not buggy, actually awesome phones its crap like that which affects BlackBerry. Z30 with the 10.2 OS Will really set the record for the OS functionally if and a big if : Marketed properly !!!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 06:55 PM
    Yes he must not be using the Z10 and Q10 with the 10.1MR OS.
    Not buggy, actually awesome phones its crap like that which affects BlackBerry. Z30 with the 10.2 OS Will really set the record for the OS functionally if and a big if : Marketed properly !!!

Posted via CB10
    What are you referring to?

BlackBerry Z10.
    09-29-13 07:34 PM
    Cool. I understand what you are saying. I'm just very lucky that my company has all the required apps located on my VPC which is accessed through the citrix app. I'm still hoping for the best for BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Z10.

I agree on wishing them the best. You raise an interesting point in how your company approached it that hasn't been discussed and I think is potentially good for BlackBerry. By focusing on the enterprise market by using Citrex and specific apps for companies they may be able to get around the app problem faster and in a more targeted fashion.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 02:26 AM
74 123