I found crackmem and it looks like it will wipe my blackberry but I don't know how to restore the O/S? Do I just plug it into desktop manager and it will recognize the need to reinstall the O/S?

My problem is that I can't select multiple items and it drives me nuts. My next option is to wipe and start over. Holding shift+trackball does NOTHING.

So if I wipe what is the next step? I've look and searched the forums but can't find what I need.

It's a 8830WE.

thanks
    01-20-09 12:23 PM
    You will need to download and run you carriers OS, then plug your phone in and let destop manager load the os onto your phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 12:38 PM
    CrackMem is a utility, but you must also have the right software installed.

The Help is very good, follow the instructions and make sure you have a backup first.
    01-20-09 12:47 PM
    well I did a wipe and still cannot select multiple items. Can anyone help me with this issue or offer any suggestions? It is terrible not eing able to mark a bunch of new emails as read or mark a bunch deleted.
    01-20-09 01:11 PM
    My problem is that I can't select multiple items and it drives me nuts. ...
    Just to be clear, are you using Messenger and trying to delete multiple messages?

That one is simple. Scroll to the Day marker, press Menu and select Mark Prior Open or Delete Prior.
    01-20-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD