View Poll Results: What is proper way to stick blackberry in sleeve?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • The way the picture shows?

2 25.00%
  • The opposite way, with the trackball facing the extra space?

6 75.00%
    I tried searching, but to no avail

Hey guys, what is the proper way to put a blackberry curve in the OEM provided sleeve?

The RIM pictures show as putting it screen side up where it says "blackberry" on the sleeve

but logically, you would think to put it on the side that just has the blackberry symbol, because there is a little extra space for the trackball.

so what is the proper way?

I have attached a picture from RIM as well
    02-01-09 12:03 PM
    I thought this was a no brainer.
    02-01-09 12:06 PM
    The trackball fits into the notch on the inside.
    02-01-09 12:06 PM
    I thought this was a no brainer.
    The trackball fits into the notch on the inside.
    then...why do all the pictures show it the other way? It's obviously not a "no brainer" then if RIM provides pictures showing it the opposite way? food for thought
    02-01-09 12:13 PM
    Actually it does not matter. No matter which way you put it in
    the magnet will still activate the sleeper function.
    02-01-09 12:16 PM
    Actually it does not matter. No matter which way you put it in
    the magnet will still activate the sleeper function.
    Thanks. I have noticed that...but what really is the proper way to protect the trackball?

You would think to put it on the side where the trackball faces that notch...but all the RIM pictures show it the other way...so what is the proper way?
    02-01-09 12:24 PM
    Again, it does not matter. In the notch, not in the notch, no harm
    will come to the trackball. Period.
    02-01-09 12:28 PM
    Thanks...what could be the reason for that notch in the back? you would think it would be for a belt loop to go through or something...
    02-01-09 12:30 PM
    maybe its like that because the person was left handed...I dont know. It doesnt matter either way as AG said but I would think theres a reason it has a slot.
    02-01-09 12:38 PM
    Personally, I believe RIMS photos to be wrong. If you place the phone in the holster so the trackball slides down into the groove, then the cutout on the rear of the holster neatly exposes the word "Blackberry" that's on the back of the device. If you put your phone in the way RIM pictures it, then that cutout on the back would serve no purpose

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 04:19 PM
    Xandrex at the blackberry support forums posted this...which now makes perfect sense

"the holster has two faces (obviously...)

the one with the vertical part, with the logo on top, is designed to make space for the trackball. Try to put the device in the other direction, and the holster will constantly push on the trackball.
    The opening is symetrical left-to-right.

on the other side, with the name "Blackberry" on the bottom, is designed to receive the back of the device.
    The opening is not symetrical : the lens and flash of the camera are protected because covered by the leather of the holster. try to put the device in the other direction and the flash will not be protected.

as advertised on Blackberry accessories shops, the opening is designed to allow someone to "pop out" the device out of the holster with just a swipe of the thumb. Never succeeded though. And I try every morning since last summer. (I know what you did last summer). Maybe an ape can do that (sorry if YOU can do it).

about the magnet : it does not matter : it is strong enough to work even if you simply put the device on top of the holster (in any direction).

Last but not least : of course when you put the device into the holster, it's better to put the bottom inside first. So that the notification LED can be seen even when the device is in the holster.

One final ultimate comment : the Curve 8300 holster is very pretty compared to the holster of the Storm"
    02-01-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD