I have two BB at colorware right now.Started thinking, how cool would it be having an all chromed out BB. Monday I have several places that I am going to call and check. I bought spare faceplates. I don't even don't know if they can do these peices I will keep everyone posted on the progress.
    06-29-08 09:01 AM
    Let me know how this turns out. Very good idea!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 10:34 AM
    I can not find a place to chrome plastic parts called 5 different places and no luck.

06-30-08 07:22 PM
    Are you talking about actual chrome plating the plastic pieces? I know its a difficult procedure to do. Only a few companies do it, and they are for auto restoration. When I get home tonight, I can look up the company name and number for you.

06-30-08 08:07 PM
    I have two BB at colorware right now.Started thinking, how cool would it be having an all chromed out BB. Monday I have several places that I am going to call and check. I bought spare faceplates. I don't even don't know if they can do these peices I will keep everyone posted on the progress.
    Think people are anal about getting the side rails all fingerprinted and scratched on pearls and WE's, just imagine a full BB that way... and if you put a skin or a case over it, what's the point of getting it chromed.... don't get me wrong i like the idea and think it would be cool, but you might want to buy a sunglass cleaning kit and keep it with you if you plan on going that route... lol
    07-01-08 01:21 AM
    Sorry it took me so long to find the info, I had to go through several stacks of Street Rodder and Hot Rod magazines.

Autoinstruments Corp
    Collinsville, VA
    (877) 450-0110 (toll free)
    Speedometer Repair Tachometer Clock and Gauge Restoration for Musclecars and Vintage Automobiles

They are the only ones I could find that could chrome plate plastic. You can give it a try, the worse that could happen is that they say no. Good luck if you decide to do it.
    07-02-08 10:35 PM
    It would be sweet, but could get very dirty and nasty, but I like the idea.
    07-02-08 10:37 PM
    Sorry it took me so long to find the info, I had to go through several stacks of Street Rodder and Hot Rod magazines.

Autoinstruments Corp
    Collinsville, VA
    (877) 450-0110 (toll free)
    Speedometer Repair Tachometer Clock and Gauge Restoration for Musclecars and Vintage Automobiles

They are the only ones I could find that could chrome plate plastic. You can give it a try, the worse that could happen is that they say no. Good luck if you decide to do it.
    I found a place finally and they do model pieces so it will be a thin chrome and go back together flawlessly, 40 bucks and they are on their way to the place.
    It would be sweet, but could get very dirty and nasty, but I like the idea.
    very dirty and nasty? wouldn't have it any other way, oh your talking about my BB we will have to see.
    07-18-08 07:58 AM
    Let us know if it ends up being possible!!

And pics would be sick

Good luck!
    07-18-08 08:07 AM
    It would scratch very easy. Good idea though, and good luck.

07-18-08 08:18 AM
    It would scratch very easy. Good idea though, and good luck.

Clear plastic hard case solution to that and fingerprints.
    07-18-08 09:03 AM
    Threefive, that's gonna be bad@ss! You gotta get some pics up when you get it done.
    07-18-08 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD