Is it possible to have applications on my blackberry on my SD card rather than the devices memory as when i do an upgrade it is telling me there is not enough memoery
    03-07-09 08:01 AM
    No.. unfortunately this is a desire that MANY bb users want but none (to my knowledge) have found. Make sure you keep all of your multimedia (pics, vids, etc) on a memory card, NOT the internal memory.

Also search the threads on how to clear file memory, there's lots out there
    03-07-09 08:20 AM
    It will take a significant OS change to enable running programs from a Media Card. I haven't even heard rumors of when that might be. Getting their newest devices working properly is an appropriately higher priority.
    03-07-09 08:23 AM
    ah dam its cos ive got alot of apps running and my media is already on the card
    but its saying it aint got enough memory ! arghh
    03-07-09 08:34 AM
    ah dam its cos ive got alot of apps running and my media is already on the card
    but its saying it aint got enough memory ! arghh
    If you haven't done so, perform the Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. That'll help you get junk you don't need out of memory, and free up the memory for the apps you want.
    03-07-09 09:19 AM
    i think is looking for a way to make this work, but as to when its going to happen is anyones guess
    03-07-09 11:02 AM
    i don't see this happening for a LONG time. I see them improving the amount of memory on the device first.
    03-07-09 11:03 AM
    I don't see this happening from RIM ever (or a VERY long time), but I have faith that a third party app will emerge when some designers get really fed up of memory issues...
    03-07-09 12:35 PM
    I don't share your optimism re 3rd party developers. RIM's OS is not open. A 3rd party developer could only get the information he needd to make it work if RIM chose to give it to him. From their perspective, that might be considered an unacceptable security risk.
    03-07-09 02:45 PM
    Yes, that is true, but some people live to crack into the os and construct it for their own. The iPod Classic cannot be "hacked" either, but my cousin somehow installed windows mobile on it.. Would not surprise me if the os is eventually cracked. That being said I suppose I may be a little hopeful (although I run an 8900, so with 130 mb free what do I care lol)
    03-07-09 03:23 PM
    Is it possible to have applications on my blackberry on my SD card rather than the devices memory as when i do an upgrade it is telling me there is not enough memoery
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this program to you:

Aerize Card Loader 2008

Features:
    User-friendly and easy to use
    Load applications directly to SD card
    Install applications from an SD card
    Swap in games and applications to device memory only when needed
    Enhance BlackBerry performance

So to be clear, you can't run applications from the Media Card, but you can store applications on the media card and swap them to your BB when you want to load/install them.
    03-07-09 06:23 PM
    If you read the review of Aerize Card Loader by Pete6, it will be obvious why I didn't mention it.
    03-07-09 06:28 PM
    If you read the review of Aerize Card Loader by Pete6, it will be obvious why I didn't mention it.
    No I didn't read the review, sorry.
    03-07-09 06:30 PM
    To be fair, the review is very harsh, and it may be dated. If you are finding it to work well for you, that's good. Go with your current experience.
    03-07-09 06:32 PM
    To be fair, the review is very harsh, and it may be dated. If you are finding it to work well for you, that's good. Go with your current experience.
    Ah, that's the thing, I never had it or used it. Just threw it out there.
    03-07-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD