Good evening all, okay so I did a search for about an hour and have not found whai I am looking for. I apologize if this has been asked and answered!

I turn my phone to quiet mode or auto off at night when I go to sleep, however I would like for my phone to RING if my son calls even if the phone is in quiet or auto off. I have tried everything but it still is muted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 08:45 PM
    Choose a Profile that you would like to use for this situation. Maybe it's the "Quiet" or make your own called "Sleeping" or something. Then go in and edit each function to be muted, EXCEPT for the phone function.
    09-07-08 08:47 PM
    If your son is in the address book, you can give him a custom ring tone.

09-07-08 08:48 PM
    If your son is in the address book, you can give him a custom ring tone.

This is true, but if she is in a profile where the phone is not active, it doesn't matter who has what ringtone, nothing will sound.
    09-07-08 08:50 PM
    Thank you Sultan, now how do I get it where the only caller that will actually be able to ring through is a specified caller?

Last edited by mzlo122; 09-07-08 at 09:04 PM.
    09-07-08 08:58 PM
    I might be in over my head here! Teal is right, you will have to set a ringtone that is different for your son. Then be sure that in "Advanced" for profile, he is checked in the list in the bottom "use profile except for..."

If someone else could lend a hand that would be great
    09-07-08 09:04 PM
    If you edit the profile you want - "quiet" for example - at the bottom of the list that says "Use Active Profile Except For:"

There is a default of "Important Calls"

BUT you can ADD a new exception like "Call from Son" or whatever you want so the only time your phone will ring is for the person you choose.

Profiles > Advanced>Menu button>New Exception>From:>Menu button>Add Name>(choose anyone from your address book here)

Then continue to >Use Profile: (Choose the profile that normally uses the alert you wish>OR SKIP to Custom Phone Tune & select the special ringtone for your son's calls. (You may want a different ringtone than usual, louder, softer, etc...

You need to name your new *exception* before you save it.

Hope this helps,
    _dave_
    Last edited by _dave_; 09-07-08 at 09:14 PM. Reason: inadvertent sad face removed
    09-07-08 09:11 PM
    Thanks Dave, I learned from your post as well!
    09-07-08 09:14 PM
    TheSultan Thanks Dave, I learned from your post as well!
    Your welcome.

_dave_
    09-07-08 09:58 PM
    Thank you Dave, if I am in quiet mode and I go down to important calls and add a caller and change it so that if that caller calls then do I have to go in everyday and uncheck important calls so that I can have it be in quiet mode again or is there a way for me to create a new profile and have only the important calls selected when in that profile?

For example: if I create a profile for my son and I select important calls only for that profile and then when I wake up in the morning I switch the phone to loud all the other exceptions are selected? Is this possible or do I need to go in every morning and uncheck the important calls box? Thank you in advance!

09-07-08 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD