So I'm in my microbiology class right now and we have a guest lecturer so after the break the prof came to the top row and is sitting in my row beside me.

He then proceeded to start playing word mole on his Bold 9900!!!

He works for Health Canada. Love to see successful people using great BBs!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-08-12 06:18 PM
    I'm the same way. I get like happy when I see other people with BBs, specially since BBs are so "5years ago"
    03-08-12 06:39 PM
    That is cool!
    03-08-12 06:41 PM
    I can't help whilst in public seeing who has Blackberrys.

Feel at times people think I'm gonna rob em though haha.
    Morty2264 and estro22 like this.
    03-08-12 06:54 PM
    That's awesome!!!

I always acknowledge a person whenever I see them using a BB. Let's them know that were still as cool as other smart phone people.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-08-12 07:22 PM
    Awesome! And for a microbiology lecture too... The man is smart!
    03-08-12 08:13 PM
    Awesome! And for a microbiology lecture too... The man is smart!
    Of course he is..m he uses BB lol

And the fact he turned to word mole instead of brick breaker
    03-08-12 08:17 PM
    I am very tempted to put a 9900 on my other line. It was a good phone and as long as it isn't my main device it makes a very good smartphone.
    03-08-12 08:34 PM
    At University of Calgary, my Academic Scientific English class prof to my Structural Geology and Structural Engineering profs all used to be BlackBerry users. Now almost all of them are iPhone users. My English prof even use iPad for her presentations.
    03-08-12 08:37 PM
    At University of Calgary, my Academic Scientific English class prof to my Structural Geology and Structural Engineering profs all used to be BlackBerry users. Now almost all of them are iPhone users. My English prof even use iPad for her presentations.
    I guess you can't slap em. Maybe inform them your concerned for their level of intelligence.
    03-09-12 01:10 AM
    I was in a bar and saw an older businessman using the 9900/9930 in early September (I remember because I had just gotten mine on August 30th, launch day on T-Mobile). Maybe he was looking at the girl I was with, but I'm pretty sure he was sorta looking at my Bold, because we both did a double-take when we each other typing...then touching the screen on the brand new mystical BlackBerry that had the illuminated trackpad
    03-09-12 03:05 AM
    My Lawyer Has a an older model 9000 minty looking and I don't know he just looks so professional with it. Damn it the phone made me trust him lol
    03-09-12 09:27 AM
    My Lawyer Has a an older model 9000 minty looking and I don't know he just looks so professional with it. Damn it the phone made me trust him lol
    Be careful with lawyers... LOL
    03-09-12 11:17 AM
    I saw a person using a flip phone today.....see how relevant these type of post are? Maybe if other bb phone users would stop trying to justify how their phones aren't outdated, maybe no one would think so. I know I don't. I don't see what this thread is suppose to prove. I see plenty of bb phone users all the time, but does that need a psa? No.

Just my two sense~

Sent from the best mobile device ever --Samsung Galaxy Note
    monsky1956 likes this.
    03-09-12 11:44 AM
    I saw a person using a flip phone today.....see how relevant these type of post are? Maybe if other bb phone users would stop trying to justify how their phones aren't outdated, maybe no one would think so. I know I don't. I don't see what this thread is suppose to prove. I see plenty of bb phone users all the time, but does that need a psa? No.

Just my two sense~

You are just being a downer
    03-09-12 11:46 AM
    You are just being a downer
    Sorry. Im not trying to be. I just sort of find it dissapointing to see threads like this because it seems it's purpose is only to counter the nagative opinion of other platform users. It makes it seems like theres something to be proved, or as if seeing a bb in the wild is far-fetched. I guess it just bothers me

03-09-12 12:00 PM
    Just the fact that there's a thread expressing glee/happiness/astonishment/fill-in-the-blank that someone's using a Bold shows how far how fast this company has fallen.
    03-09-12 12:20 PM
    Whatever, Bold are the best phones made! I'd rather have a Bold 9000, I still have one, over the newer iphone or androids not to mention my 9900. I want a phone and communication device, not a toy. Bold 9000 is still better in that area and 9900 is just the best phone out in my opinion.
    03-09-12 12:25 PM

Just my two sense~

Thank you once again for being the next in a seemingly endless parade of mobile device experts trying to convince me that my four-month-old phone of my choosing is outdated/archaic/obsolete/DOA/useless/<insert criticism-du-jour here>. I could rattle off a pretty lengthy list of reasons why I wouldn't touch your best mobile device ever even if one were given to me, but I won't because that would just be rude and have basically nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Hint-hint.
    03-09-12 12:37 PM

Just my two sense~

^^^thats about $10 worth eh !
    03-09-12 12:39 PM
    Thank you once again for being the next in a seemingly endless parade of mobile device experts trying to convince me that my four-month-old phone of my choosing is outdated/archaic/obsolete/DOA/useless/. I could rattle off a pretty lengthy list of reasons why I wouldn't touch your best mobile device ever even if one were given to me, but I won't because that would just be rude and have basically nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Hint-hint.
    I guess you didn't actually read my post...or get the point for that matter

Or is it you just hear/see what you want to hear/see.

Last edited by Ynomrah; 03-09-12 at 12:49 PM.
    03-09-12 12:46 PM
    I guess you didn't actually read my post...or get the point for that matter

Or is it you just hear/see what you want to hear/see.

Dude posts his impression from seeing somebody else using a . How is that trying to justify or demean anything he or anybody else is using?

I play Kurzweil and Korg keyboards. I get kind of stoked when I see somebody else on stage using one or the other or both. That apparently means I'm trying to make up for my own insecurity about my gear of choice by covertly suggesting that Yamaha, Roland and Nord are crap by virtue of the fact that the guy I'm watching isn't using them. Am I in the ballpark here?
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 03-09-12 at 01:18 PM.
    03-09-12 12:57 PM
    Sorry. Im not trying to be. I just sort of find it dissapointing to see threads like this because it seems it's purpose is only to counter the nagative opinion of other platform users. It makes it seems like theres something to be proved, or as if seeing a bb in the wild is far-fetched. I guess it just bothers me

Sent from the best mobile device until next week--Samsung Galaxy Note
    It is nice to see people bucking against tha narrative. Oh, and I'm using a flip phone, and a BlackBerry to boot.
    03-09-12 01:16 PM
    So I'm in my microbiology class right now and we have a guest lecturer so after the break the prof came to the top row and is sitting in my row beside me.

He then proceeded to start playing word mole on his Bold 9900!!!

He works for Health Canada. Love to see successful people using great BBs!
    haha thats awesome. one of my professor too has a bold, and i just always smile when i see him pull it out.
    03-09-12 01:16 PM
    Dude posts his impression from seeing somebody else using a ?. How is that trying to justify or demean anything he or anybody else is using?

I play Kurzweil and Korg keyboards. I get kind of stoked when I see somebody else on stage using one or the other or both. That apparently means I'm trying to make up for my own insecurity about my gear of choice by covertly suggesting that Yamaha, Roland and Nord are crap by virtue of the fact that the guy I'm watching isn't using them. Am I in the ballpark here?
    Yes, you are getting warmer, but not quite there. Reason is because that's not really an accurate analogy if you believe the OP is not being a bit demeaning. Obviously his intentions were not to be though, and I understand. But I don't believe the OP situation to be relative to a rare common interest such as your situation. And this is because in-fact blackberrys are NOT rare nor uncommon like what you described in contrast. So no you should not get excited when you see a bb, unless you posses some remorse, or think less of the platform I feel.

Last edited by Ynomrah; 03-09-12 at 01:51 PM.
    03-09-12 01:47 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD