Curious...
    I use a z30 and a note 4, I myself (even though I love the hub and flow of my z30) don't notice and difference in 'productivity'. Ppl mention all the time how they are more productive with their BlackBerry but that is so vague...
    What area are you more productive on a BlackBerry compared to another os?
    Are there things you can do you can't on say an Android? Or are you faster on the BlackBerry?
    Again, love using my BlackBerry, but I'm just so curious just what this gain in productivity everyone mentions.

Posted via CB10
    RH1Pearl and Fidel Mercado like this.
    08-10-15 09:03 PM
    Less toy apps = more time to focus on work. Hence, being more productive.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3560886) and BerrySoul like this.
    08-10-15 09:22 PM
    The share from anywhere function. Whatever is on my device can immediately be shared to multiple apps or peeps in a second! Also blend!
    08-10-15 09:58 PM
    My coworker has an iPhone. He is constantly asking me to do things he can't do simultaneously on his phone. Especially when navigating.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    BerrySoul likes this.
    08-10-15 10:02 PM
    With all my... I'm not sure how many accounts in a HUB, great typing experience and big Passport screen, no doubt productivity is far beyond better than other OS'es and smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul and delgadom like this.
    08-10-15 10:03 PM
    I also got a Note Edge, which is pretty mich similar to your Note 4, and I prefer BB10. First reason of course is the (always there) physical keyboard. A quick search performed on the fly without needing to actually tap and open any search app, shortcuts for any app and of course the pure fact to type on such a great QWERTY are huge benefits for me.

The Hub is another thing I really prefer, a communication central for all my messages and mails. Samsung offers a combined view for their own mail client, but it is nowhere near the functionality you get with the BB10 Hub and not just because it displays mails only.

Multitasking is IMHO better solved on BB10. Simple swipe up and press the opened Active Frame to get back into an app vs. Samsung's (rather laggy) multitasking button. Also peeking back into a mail can be pretty helpful.
    Of course the Note excels with the inbuilt windows and split screen modes, I really started using and liking those a lot.
    What bothers me on the Note in regards of multitasking are apps which suddenly got cleared from memory and need to be reloaded completely. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a nice example. In my experience, on BB10 apps on Active Frame tend to stay inside the memory as long as they are an Active Frame. A similar situation are tabs inside the webbrowser, I use Samsung's built-in webbrowser mostly and it often needs to reload a tab from scratch, on my BB10 devices this also happens, but less often. It kind of gets annoying on a train journey with reception and reloading of a vital page suddenly takes forever.

When it comes to note taking, the Note is IMHO more productive. I use to take a lot of short notes and it can be quite a hassle doing so on BB10, especially since introduction of 10.3.x
    On my Edge, I just pull out the stylus, select Action Memo and scribble away on the screen. The option to pin your note in several sizes on your homescreen(s) is another huge plus.

The verdict: My ideal device would be some sort of Note with a physical keyboard attached and maybe running BB10. One could also say a Passport using the Note's S-Pen would be sufficient

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 and BerrySoul like this.
    08-11-15 06:00 AM
    Don't forget the presence of USB in every device, usable for every other OS.
    08-11-15 06:28 AM
    An issue which should be solved by adulthood, not choice of device.

And then you have the issue of more productive apps elsewhere. Hmmm...
    08-11-15 06:34 AM
    Curious...
    I use a z30 and a note 4, I myself (even though I love the hub and flow of my z30) don't notice and difference in 'productivity'. Ppl mention all the time how they are more productive with their BlackBerry but that is so vague...
    Are there things you can do you can't on say an Android? Or are you faster on the BlackBerry?
    Again, love using my BlackBerry, but I'm just so curious just what this gain in productivity everyone mentions.

Posted via CB10
    I tend to think all things being equal, any reasonably industrious person can be productive on just about any platform. It's a mindset.

Thing is, things are not equal; ecosystem is where the party is now, and even then, different strokes for different folks. People will always prefer one means or another to make stuff happen.

Different folks have different non-negotiables as well, be it the Hub, or an email utility, etc.

I feel I can get stuff done on PalmOS if I had to. Yes, with considerably more effort and workarounds, but I'd make it work.
    08-11-15 06:41 AM

Which is true. Just look at all those third party calendar apps for Android, there are some really great ones you can use which actually can enhance the whole taskplanning. On BB10? No alternative calendars possible.

Another example are office apps, just look at the (free) official Microsoft Office apps available for Android, they completely blow the BB10 version of Docs2Go out of the water.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 06:47 AM

I was thinking the same thing. I love Blackberry and think BB10 is a great OS, but if your reason for using it is that the other OS's offer too many apps/games that could distract you, it sounds like a self control problem and not a phone problem. If it's a distraction you can't deal with then blackberry is the phone to get.

I have owned them all and I can be productive on any OS. I do like the HUB and the PKB on Blackberry though. Pick what works best for you. Right now I'm using a BlackBerry/Android combo.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    08-11-15 07:43 AM
    The share from anywhere function. Whatever is on my device can immediately be shared to multiple apps or peeps in a second! Also blend!
    I agree with this. The Hub is awesome. I really like that I can download anything from our company website and do whatever I want with it from file manager.

The multiple ways things are integrated to each other really took me by surprise. File manager to remember to evernote.

I did miss having an SD card, and just plugging phone into a computer without needed software to move things.

I still go hunting for apps, but it's me not the Classic. I do get worried how long BBERRY will be around. I got to the party late, and never see anyone around with a BBERRY.

It's been a great device.

 Classic
    08-11-15 09:22 AM
    You're as productive as you make yourself, no device is going to make you better than another.
    08-11-15 09:31 AM
    You're as productive as you make yourself, no device is going to make you better than another.
    I partly agree with this. The tools in your hands can impact your productivity too. Let's say you want to log in into your banking app or website to transfer some money to another account. During that you have to look up for the destination account number/info in an email to input and then compare correctly before going next step, and look for confirmation code the bank sends you in an sms or another email to confirm your transaction. After that you chat with your recipient to say that you sent the money while you can possibly respond to a couple of random messages in Whatsapp and BBM or Facebook you got from your friends.

Or, shorter example, while I'm writing this kinda long post, I can switch between CB app and BBM in the hub to chat with my gf back and forth and still feel comfortable since the Hub is only 1 swipe away. Get back to CB app is only 1 swipe and 1 tap. Sometimes I can just reply on instant preview notification. On iPhone I think (from my old experience, it is improved now?) you have to double click home button, 1 tap to bbm or any chat app, then double click home button, 1 tap to CB app - don't know if the editing post is saved?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 10:07 AM
    Interesting, that's kinda what I was thinking. Some terms are kinda thrown around. I think the first reply is the most accurate, less games, less time wasting apps causes more time to be spent on work over playing around. For me really, 'productivity' is about the same. I do the work I have to do the same on either. The only real reasons I use my Note more than my Z30 is 1) Call volume, I've had 2 z30's and seen many others post how the call volume is low. It really is, in the car or even in our house if the air conditioner is running I'm saying 'what', 'repeat', 'say again' all the time on the phone. 2) The bigger screen on the note is just nice, feels less closed in. 3) Maps, BB's navigation has sent me to closed roads, then we you try to take a different route instead of instantly remapping your route, it keeps going 'be-dong be-dong, make a u turn, be-dong be-dong make a u turn'
    When that happened, that made me less productive as it took me an extra 20 minutes to get to my appointment.
    08-11-15 11:03 AM
    I partly agree with this. The tools in your hands can impact your productivity too. Let's say you want to log in into your banking app or website to transfer some money to another account. During that you have to look up for the destination account number/info in an email to input and then compare correctly before going next step, and look for confirmation code the bank sends you in an sms or another email to confirm your transaction. After that you chat with your recipient to say that you sent the money while you can possibly respond to a couple of random messages in Whatsapp and BBM or Facebook you got from your friends.

Or, shorter example, while I'm writing this kinda long post, I can switch between CB app and BBM in the hub to chat with my gf back and forth and still feel comfortable since the Hub is only 1 swipe away. Get back to CB app is only 1 swipe and 1 tap. Sometimes I can just reply on instant preview notification. On iPhone I think (from my old experience, it is improved now?) you have to double click home button, 1 tap to bbm or any chat app, then double click home button, 1 tap to CB app - don't know if the editing post is saved?

Posted via CB10
    It's a tool that can assist you, along with other tools, to be productive. It doesn't make you productive.

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    08-11-15 11:14 AM
    Curious...

Posted via CB10
    Having used both the Z30 and a note 3, I can say that you can do things much more faster with the BlackBerry, thanks to the hub, the ability to share from and to anywhere, easy management of files and attachments.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    BerrySoul likes this.
    08-11-15 03:32 PM
    Having used both the Z30 and a note 3, I can say that you can do things much more faster with the BlackBerry, thanks to the hub, the ability to share from and to anywhere, easy management of files and attachments.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    Depends on what your doing and how you want to do it.
    asherN likes this.
    08-11-15 03:33 PM
    That's is a common phrase used to defend some people's choice of BlackBerry. I don't think this is necessary because there are enough reasons to choose a BlackBerry over other devices. Productivity doesn't have to be one - not necessarily.

First of all, what does productivity mean? That is a very individual question. If it means scanning through loads of e-mails and communication, yeah, BlackBerry could be the most productive.

If you need your device to quickly navigate through performance hungry apps, edit raw images or test web-based software, BlackBerry is definitely not going to be the winner.

The argument that BlackBerry is more productive because distracting entertainment apps are missing, seems to be highly constructed to me. It's like saying a car is safer with a weak engine.

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that whether someone is productive with their device or not, depends mainly on the person itself, rather than on their device.

Posted via CB10
    Witmen, MikeX74, RH1Pearl and 2 others like this.
    08-11-15 03:53 PM
    No need to defend choice of BlackBerry .

Their phones have been inexpensive and reliable for me.

In terms of 'productivity', I would say that given the excellent keyboard and the layout of the Hub for all of my various email accounts and the volume of messaging some days, I would say that BlackBerry is very productive for what I use a cell phone for, probably more so than any other platform.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    08-11-15 04:16 PM
    No need to defend choice of BlackBerry .

Their phones have been inexpensive and reliable for me.

In terms of 'productivity', I would say that given the excellent keyboard and the layout of the Hub for all of my various email accounts and the volume of messaging some days, I would say that BlackBerry is very productive for what I use a cell phone for, probably more so than any other platform.

Posted via CB10
    Straight forward. Easy to accept. It's when it's a vague comment that it's difficult to defend.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    08-11-15 04:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's interesting since the amount of junk and games based on its size is greater than iOS and Android.
    08-11-15 04:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    The lack of apps isn't a problem......its a feature.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    08-11-15 04:20 PM
    The biggest productivity boost for me comes from the time saved by not needing to travel my thumb across the length of the device to the top to press a button.

Plus the keyboard and the hub.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    BerrySoul likes this.
    08-11-15 06:28 PM
    Subjective.

For me, I'm on BB 7 on a 9900 because I prefer BIS. My BlackBerry is a Business Tool. Period. I'm a business owner.

I need telephony, email, text, LinkedIn, and a few other BUSINESS related apps. I want a physical keyboard because what I type I want in my emails word for word, letter for letter. I don't want any suggestions, auto-corrections, or errors from my fat virtual fingers. I am faster in typing on my Berry for business emails. I am happier with the way they are presented on my Berry. I appreciate NOBEX Contacts and the way it AUTOMATICALLY and CORRECTLY strips contact info from emails and puts it in my contact data base when I approve of it to do so - correctly EVERY time.
    I appreciate the stellar integration of BlackBerry Travel. It automatically strips out travel details from emails and puts them in BBerry Travel AND my calendar every single time without error nor me having to intervene.
    I appreciate the time-saving way that BlackBerry correctly intercepts online meetings like GOTOMEETING or other conference data automatically and correctly every time, allowing me to ACCEPT and then put the details of the meeting in my calendar for me CORRECTLY every time.

I've tried iPhone, i've tried WindowsPhone, I have an Android on my 2nd line (Android 4.4). They all do a decent job in their own right. I need my Android because I need a banking app for remote deposit, and BBerry 07 obviously does NOT do that, but otherwise, it's my device for business.

BlackBerry is simply faster, more timely, more automated for my needs, and more "Elegant" for business.

On weekends I carry my Android. I like it. I just don't want to use it for Business. I'm more "productive" on my Berry.
    Nauwiesbande likes this.
    08-11-15 08:25 PM
84 123 ...