I have an 8320 that I bought directly from RIM. It is Rogers-branded, but because I bought it directly from RIM, I am not eligible for tech support from Rogers. It is still under the manufacturer's warranty because I bought it just a few months ago, so I assumed I would get free tech support from RIM.

I recently called RIM Tech Support because my 8320 slowed down and then mysteriously went dead. They said that I could ship it to them and that they would repair it within 5-7 business days, or that I could pay for RIM telephone tech support for $49.95 on a per incident basis. Unbelievable!

I can't forego my phone for 5-7 days because it is my only phone and I use it for business. Any suggestions on how I can bring it back to life without sending it back to the manufacturer? Or should I just shell out $49.95 for a telephone call to RIM?
    04-02-09 03:01 PM
    Did you give it a good long charge? Also have you pulled and reinserted the battery? Might also be worth trying a new battery, which you can probably get fairly cheaply on ebay. Or certainly Rogers would sell you one in the store, for a higher price.

EDIT: If you have an older GSM phone maybe you can activate that while your Curve is away being repaired.
    04-02-09 03:06 PM
    I suspect you can solve the problem yourself and save the $50.

BlackBerry's are delivered with a full set of preinstalled samples and business tools, unfortunaly, that consumes a lot of memory.

Follow the "Better" set of directions in the following thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    04-02-09 04:06 PM
    Thanks to everyone for the advice -- I'll try both suggestions -- freeing up memory and pulling the battery.
    04-03-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD