Hi there.
    I've looked through the forums and cant find an answer to this:

Orange sent out new service settings on sunday. The phone ran slowly booting me out of sites, cutting off msn etc, from SUnday til tuesday then the internet and all internetty things died completely.

Spent at least 6 hours discussing it with orange. Checked all the settings and ended up doing a hard reset. Orange sent out service settings several times but they wont go into my phone. I only have two service books and there should be more.
    They say they have been aware of the problem since monday but are very vague on whether or not they know what the problem is and when it will be fixed.

Has anyone else had this problem? How was it resolved? Can anyone help please?

Cheers, S
    01-21-10 05:41 AM
    At a guess, I would say that your BIS service needs reactivating. Without that, any service books sent by Orange would not arrive. The two service books you have are hardcoded into the SIM or phone already. Has your Berry had its email address correctly set up?
    01-21-10 07:01 AM
    hey if you got to BlackBerry Internet Service and enter your user name and password (you can get it from orange) or create a new account you can re send your service books yourself
    01-21-10 07:52 AM
    oh and once youve logged in the part where you can send them is in the help section
    01-21-10 07:54 AM
    hey if you got to BlackBerry Internet Service and enter your user name and password (you can get it from orange) or create a new account you can re send your service books yourself
    Thanks for the tip, ive alreadt done that and orange has sent out the settings several times. They wont go into the phone
    01-21-10 10:50 AM
    At a guess, I would say that your BIS service needs reactivating. Without that, any service books sent by Orange would not arrive. The two service books you have are hardcoded into the SIM or phone already. Has your Berry had its email address correctly set up?
    I dont know about the email address thing. Orange didnt go into that with me. I registered and got an email confirmation from bb?
    01-21-10 10:51 AM
    Hi

I have had no email or internet access since Monday and still no solution from Orange. Orange tried to fix it and couldn't and then blamed BB/RIM.

Has anyone had nay better luck, as I am about to call Orange for the last time and tell them I am cancelling.

Thanks.

Ibex
    01-22-10 02:21 PM
    Hi Ibex.

orange made me do a painfully slow hard reset. That took up hours of my time and improved nothing. Next day they took me off the bb/rim service overnight and hooked me up again next day. Things have improved somewhat but there is missing software which means i cant run email.

What is the legal position in regards to cancelling your contract? Do you know?
    01-26-10 04:23 AM
    Hi Ibex.

orange made me do a painfully slow hard reset. That took up hours of my time and improved nothing. Next day they took me off the bb/rim service overnight and hooked me up again next day. Things have improved somewhat but there is missing software which means i cant run email.

What is the legal position in regards to cancelling your contract? Do you know?
    All the email stuff should be included in the core apps so you should not find that you can't do email once you are re-connected back to BIS. If you are successfully back on BIS then hook your phone up to desktop manager and try checking for software upgrades. If part of your software is missing or a newer version is out for your device on your network this will be offered up by Desktop Manager as an installation to your phone.

As regards cancelling the contract I'm pretty sure you'll find they have you tied in quite well. Depending on how far into your contract you are you may still be within the 14 day cancellation period in which case you'd just return your hardware to them and they'd cancel the contract but once that's past (and I'm guessing as you have a Bold 9000 it already has) you'd have to go a long way to prove that you are entitled to end the contract prematurely.
    01-26-10 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD