There is probably a thread on here somewhere that has addressed this, but I can't seem to find it after searching for more than 30 minutes... So I'm posting it in the hopes of getting some help... I did find one thread but it was like a year and a half old, and was for another model phone.

I just purchased my first BB... BB Tour 9630, and I love it. I actually had a Droid for about a week and gave it to my wife and got this BB.. My problem is, I have the gmail account, and I want to use it. My guy at verizon tried to put in my gmail account when I got the phone through the online blackberry site, but kept getting errors. I came home and tried it and continue to receive errors stating that my username is incorrect.. I've tried to set it up directly on the BB, bypassing the website, and I am still getting the same error message. I'm completely lost here. The username is correct, the password is correct... There is NO reason this shouldn't be working... Please help...
    11-22-09 11:31 PM
    Make sure your username isn't [email protected], it should just be xxxxxx.

I can't say that the Droid was the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 11:58 PM
    Post in gmail support forums.
    11-23-09 03:07 AM
    Make sure your username isn't [email protected], it should just be xxxxxx.

I can't say that the Droid was the problem.

Actually when adding email accounts in the BIS you must include the full email address not just the username.
    11-23-09 06:26 AM
    @berryski - I'll give it a try over there too.
    @ fabuloso - I actually tried that too, figuring that maybe it would ask me for the domain on another screen, but no go. I don't thing it was the droid either. . The specific droid that account was registered to is sitting in the back of the verizon store waiting to be sent for refurb or what ever they do with them. The radio in it was weak so we switched it with a new one when I gave it to my wife.

11-23-09 10:33 AM
    I actually got this to work.. It's weird.. I went back onto the website to setup a new email.. I put in my user name and it just went smooth as silk.. I don't know why it didn't work the first time... Thanks for the replies.
    12-08-09 01:56 AM
    I have a yahoo mail account and decided to try gmail and that plugin for it and I ended up having to charge my berry 3 times a day compared to a day and a half with yahoo. Gmail killed my batt so I'm back with yahoo and problem solved. Anyone else have gmail kill their battery?

12-08-09 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD