I recently started a Flickr account since it sounded like it integrates so well with the BlackBerry. I was able to upload a picture once to it, but since have had problems with it on my BlackBerry. It keeps telling me I have an error with my account. I log into it fine from the computer... It's just on the BlackBerry.

How do I remove the program? I am considering to reload it.
    08-04-08 07:48 PM
    What was the error message?
    08-04-08 08:00 PM
    I click the flickr application

I login (do I need the full email address or just user ID?) --- I've done it with both and it than changes to an Upload Photo icon --- So possibly it's not loading me into Flickr or possibly it accepts either User ID or full email address??

--- I click Upload Photos
    ---It takes me to my camera pictures
    -- I type name of picture/Or just leave it blank and click upload.

It say's

1) Connecting to flickr
    2) Updating Account
    3)Error uploading photo. Please check your account status and try again.
    08-04-08 09:31 PM
    Also, I went to the options menu and noticed "enable geotagging" ws checked. I disabled it and still had the problem. If I click the "Flickr Monthly Account Statistics" it tells me what appears to be my monthly account #'s

Thanks!
    08-04-08 09:34 PM
    Do you have a BB data plan? Do you have good signal? Do other third party apps connect to the net? Also, please update your device model info since you are using a BB now.
    08-04-08 09:40 PM
    I deleted the application and reinstalled and it appears to work now.. Strange?

I actually put my applications like Flickr, FaceBook, Beyond 411 and others in a "folder" and have the folder on my main screen... After deleting the Flickr account it was gone... However after reinstalling it went directly back to my user created folder with other applications... Strange??? Maybe I never really deleted it?
    08-06-08 10:39 AM
    Same problem. I sign in on the computer through Yahoo, but on the Flickr app, it asks for a username and password? I have a username, but no password.
    12-31-08 11:25 PM
    I need help with this too.

The Flickr app worked 100% fine and I have already uploaded photos using it a few days ago. Today I tried and it says "Error Uploading Photo. Check account status and try again." too.

But it worked fine a couple days ago? WTF?

So here's what I've tried:

- I have logged out of Flickr on my BB, logged back in. Nope.
    - I have tried to upload a different photo. Nope.
    - I have rebooted my BB. Nope.
    - I have disconnected from my "UMA" WiFi connection here at home and retried to upload. Nope.
    - I have re-downloaded the Flickr app and re-installed it over the previous install then rebooted. Nope!

No matter what, it won't work like it did a couple days ago.

Yes, I have a data plan. I have unlimited internet and everything else works fine. That has nothing to do with it.

It seems this app/software is the culprit as Flickr says it's not on their end. If it's not on their end, not on my carrier's end, it must be the software.

Why would it work a couple days ago and not now!?!?

EDIT ::

After trying to re-send it a couple of times for the 20th time or so in the last 10 minutes, it finally did it.

So I guess it just works when it wants to. It's funny how it never had a hiccup a couple days ago, though. Oh well..
    Last edited by basicair1; 01-15-09 at 08:28 PM.
    01-15-09 08:23 PM
    1) Connecting to flickr
    2) Updating Account
    3)Error uploading photo. Please check your account status and try again.
    I have the same messages.

But I was working on my Flickr account today and noticed that the photos it had had an error with, were there. In some cases they were there multiple times where I had resent them...strange.
    03-19-09 06:09 PM
    I had the same problem. It finally worked when I logged out of Flickr on my desktop. Oops...
    06-10-09 01:46 PM
    I had the same problem. It finally worked when I logged out of Flickr on my desktop. Oops...
    TA-DA! This solved it for me, thanks!
    07-13-09 03:19 PM
    gr. i'm still having this problem, and i'm not logged into it on any of my workstations
    11-05-09 12:42 PM
    I need help with this too.

The Flickr app worked 100% fine and I have already uploaded photos using it a few days ago. Today I tried and it says "Error Uploading Photo. Check account status and try again." too.

But it worked fine a couple days ago? WTF?

So here's what I've tried:

- I have logged out of Flickr on my BB, logged back in. Nope.
    - I have tried to upload a different photo. Nope.
    - I have rebooted my BB. Nope.
    - I have disconnected from my "UMA" WiFi connection here at home and retried to upload. Nope.
    - I have re-downloaded the Flickr app and re-installed it over the previous install then rebooted. Nope!

No matter what, it won't work like it did a couple days ago.

Yes, I have a data plan. I have unlimited internet and everything else works fine. That has nothing to do with it.

It seems this app/software is the culprit as Flickr says it's not on their end. If it's not on their end, not on my carrier's end, it must be the software.

Why would it work a couple days ago and not now!?!?

EDIT ::

After trying to re-send it a couple of times for the 20th time or so in the last 10 minutes, it finally did it.

So I guess it just works when it wants to. It's funny how it never had a hiccup a couple days ago, though. Oh well..
    I'm having this exact same issue and it's getting ridicolous. I've tried everything, including login off my desktop. I've deleted apps, deleted and re-installed the app, deleted 3rd party apps, changed my password and nothing.

I use this app all the time and want to keep using it. Hoping someone can find the issue.

[EDIT] So I tried the same solution of trying to upload the picture time and time again and eventually it worked. WTF!?!? What a stupid app, it only works when it want's to??? I hope they fix this issue.
    Last edited by Ricas; 05-08-10 at 08:02 PM.
    05-08-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD