Need some help. I am trying to access web pages of devices on my LAN with the Bold.

I turn on the WiFi then I connect to my network. I can ping the devices from the Bold but when I enter the IP address into the internet browser nothing happens. It says requesting..... waiting..... then error "Connection Timed Out"

I can connect to WAN website but no LAN sites

(I copied this topic from Bold 9000 section because mine is a 9700)
    08-25-10 03:40 AM
    I don't think this is even possible. I could be wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 06:53 AM
    I would think you need some kind of IE type browser to do it, plus you would have set up sharing on both devices. I agree with RB that I don't think it's possible.
    08-25-10 07:13 AM
    You can't access them from your BB If they are on your local LAN.

Your BB does not directly surf the internet, it goes through the BIS servers that act as a PROXY.

So, when you request a web page, and your browser says "REQUESTING" - it's sending that request to RIM's BIS servers that go out to the web, fetch the page, COMPRESS IT so that it downloads faster and pushes it down to your phone.

The BIS servers can't resolve/connect to IP addresses on your LAN to get the pages to give to the phone.

You can try using something like BOLT browser and configure it for direct TCP and that MIGHT work. But, the stock browser just won't do it.
    08-25-10 07:22 AM
    Can't happen.
    08-25-10 07:28 AM
    Thanks a lot for clearing this out, now I know the reason.

I will have to go through my dns name on the WAN to get back into my local network with different ports then which I have forwarde in my firewall to these devices. Because I already do this when I want to connect to my Linuxserver or satellitebox for example when I'm not at home for a certain reason.
    08-25-10 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD