I`m having trouble while I`m using my WiFi... As I`m from Brazil and I dont have a data plan while I`m staying in Canada, I uses WiFi connection, but the problem is that while I`m using it, when I try to use my Windows Live Messenger, or Black Berry Messenger, or Facebook, or whatever (except the browser, the only that works with the WiFi), I`m not able to use them... Could anybody help me?? When I was in Brazil and using another SIM, not the one from my operator, I couldn`t do these stuff too and I reseted my BB, so it is as it was when it came from the store...
    Anybody please?
    07-19-10 11:35 PM
    Nope, not really :P

Check you PM thou...

And welcome to the forums.
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-20-10 at 12:20 AM.
    07-20-10 12:15 AM
    Any app designed by RIM, such as Facebook, BBM will ONLY work with an active BB Data Feature. As for WLM, no idea. sorry.
    07-20-10 12:17 AM
    Any app designed by RIM, such as Facebook, BBM will ONLY work with an active BB Data Feature. As for WLM, no idea. sorry.
    Then way does Twitter, BBM and Push E-Mail (for example) work over Wi-Fi?

It's more like some apps that were not designed to work over Wi-Fi (such as WLM, Facebook and others) will only work if BIS is on.

And as he made clear, he does not have BIS on the phone.
    07-20-10 12:22 AM
    Did I say anything about them not working, no, I said they require an active BB Data Feature to work. That being said, even over WiFI those apps will connect to RIMs infrastucture bypassing your carriers cellular network. They still get all data from the RIM NOC.
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 07-20-10 at 12:33 AM.
    07-20-10 12:31 AM
    Did I say anything about them not working, no, I said they require an active BB Data Feature to work. That being said, even over WiFI those apps will connect to RIMs infrastucture bypassing your carriers cellular network. They still get all data from the RIM NOC.
    Sure, have the final word on it. Sure is clearer than your 1st post where you imply they never work over Wi-Fi.
    07-20-10 12:34 AM
    Then way does Twitter, BBM and Push E-Mail (for example) work over Wi-Fi?

It's more like some apps that were not designed to work over Wi-Fi (such as WLM, Facebook and others) will only work if BIS is on.

And as he made clear, he does not have BIS on the phone.
    If this is true, how come I couldn't use email or BBM a few weeks ago when I let my prepaid BIS account suspended? I went almost a week without BIS and I never got anything over wifi, except for browsing and stuff. I do know that when my BIS is active, email and everything else works over wifi (file transfers are faster and emails are sent faster) but without BIS my phone was practically useless

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 09:50 AM
    If this is true, how come I couldn't use email or BBM a few weeks ago when I let my prepaid BIS account suspended? I went almost a week without BIS and I never got anything over wifi, except for browsing and stuff. I do know that when my BIS is active, email and everything else works over wifi (file transfers are faster and emails are sent faster) but without BIS my phone was practically useless
    There is the answer.
    07-20-10 11:14 AM
    Oh, I thought you meant that with wifi only you could still use bbm, t4bb and push emal. But now I see that you need BIS anyways

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD