I guess many people are facing this problem. When I turn on wifi connection along with the normal phone connection, the internet speed is really slow. But when only the wifi is turned on, the speed is really fast, as it should be.
    I think when both connection is turn on, the phone uses the 3G network rather than choosing to use the wifi.
    Any idea how to solve this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 04:05 PM
    What carrier are you with? I ask because yesterday I was configuring my friend's
    Storm 2 to connect to his router and I was experiencing sort of the same issue.
    12-26-09 04:07 PM
    When WiFi is enabled and you're connected to a wireless network WiFi takes priority over the mobile connection for BIS and BES, but of course the mobile connection retains control of the voice connection (on VZW.) You can verify that your WiFi connection has priority by going to mobile connections-> status. You should see WiFi on your BIS and (if applicable) BES connections, and Mobile Connection for voice.

I get improved speeds when I'm using WiFi, particularly at my office, which is in a concrete/steel building that cell signals have a hard time transiting.
    12-26-09 04:09 PM
    I'm using the O2 in the UK.
    When I surf web using the BB Browser, there is a wifi icon appear in the right corner. But the speed is so poor comparing to when I turn off the mobile connection.
    I think the is a problem with the phone. Maybe even when it tells you that it is using the wifi, it actually 3G

12-26-09 04:19 PM
    you can prioritize the wifi to be the main connection when its available, i believe its in options>advanced options>browser. i know i have ran into this when i had poor reception my wifi would connect but my speed still sucks, and it was set to network preferred. i changed to wifi preferred and bam i was browsing hope this helps cheers.
    12-26-09 04:22 PM
    you can prioritize the wifi to be the main connection when its available, i believe its in options>advanced options>browser. i know i have ran into this when i had poor reception my wifi would connect but my speed still sucks, and it was set to network preferred. i changed to wifi preferred and bam i was browsing hope this helps cheers.
    No matter what I tried, I still couldn't find a way to prioritise network connection. I have tried what u said, and there is nothing in there that could help. But thank anyway

12-26-09 04:33 PM
    Okie. I have just found the solution. It is what you said. At the browser option change to hotspot browser. Then it is good to go.
    Thanks a lot

12-26-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD