So I have an issue and can't figure out what's causing it.

Every user, in my company, that has a Rogers BlackBerry (only carrier we use in Canada) cannot receive email, but they can send email and make/receive phone calls, when they come to the US (we have int'l data and voice on every line by default per the corporate contract); however if I have them delete the the CMIME service book when they get to the US then resend the service books email starts working.

This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME a user travels from Canada to the US. When they go back to Canada email is NOT affected. Email for these users is not affected if they go to Europe or Asia, only the US.

I'm completely baffled about this.
    03-08-12 09:37 AM
    Hey - I was in Mexico recently and had the same issue (with Rogers) - I had to do a battery pull twice and it worked after that... bizarre.
    03-08-12 09:44 AM
    I use Rogers and travel back and forward without this issue,

But I do notice sometimes if I am skirting along the boader I need to do a battery pull to get my service again,
    03-08-12 09:52 AM
    Interesting that all of you are Rogers.
    Wonder if that's across the board, or just that carrier?
    03-08-12 09:55 AM
    I also carry a Bell GSM device, and don't have the issue nearly as often with my Bell GSM device as I do with my Rogers one.

I do notice my Rogers one is more likely to connect to T-Mobile than my Bell device when trying to find the strongest signal, yet I have more issues with connecting to T-Mobile than AT&T to maintain service
    03-08-12 10:34 AM
    People who travel from the US to Canada have no issues with email (as long as the data plan is correct); and when we used Telus no one had this issue.

I've been thinking and I wonder if it's a problem when they drive to the US and leave their phone on the entire time. If you go to Europe you at least turn off the radio when on the plane and then turn it back on. I wonder if something is getting hung up when transitioning from Rogers network to whatever the US network they first get to.
    Last edited by bergeronjc; 03-08-12 at 12:16 PM.
    03-08-12 12:14 PM
    Another interesting tidbit. Every person we have on Rogers has a OS6 or OS7 device; this roaming issue didn't start until the first person got a OS6 device....
    03-08-12 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD