Hi Everyone,

I have a user who has 5000 contacts on their Lotus Notes address book. Within Lotus notes when they go to Actions -> Synchronize Address Book lotus starts to sync and afterwards it hangs.

I've only got this 1 user with this many contacts, all other users are ok and even I can sync no problem with this method.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Forgot to mention he has a Bold 9000
    Last edited by Analog-X64; 08-12-10 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention Model of BB
    08-12-10 07:00 AM
    What Blackberry does this user have?

Can you attempt to Sync in Lots? my Lotus blotes hangs all the time for no apparent reason, I do wireless sync with my BB,

I populated my BB originally by dumping my lotus notes contacts into a comma delimited txt file and loading it into outlook using outlook to do my first sync, as it gave me better visual control over the groups I wanted to set up on my blackberry, then wireless sync back to lotus notes did the update on the contacts.
    08-12-10 07:24 AM
    What Blackberry does this user have?

Can you attempt to Sync in Lots? my Lotus blotes hangs all the time for no apparent reason, I do wireless sync with my BB,

I populated my BB originally by dumping my lotus notes contacts into a comma delimited txt file and loading it into outlook using outlook to do my first sync, as it gave me better visual control over the groups I wanted to set up on my blackberry, then wireless sync back to lotus notes did the update on the contacts.
    He has a Bold 9000 (that's what most of us have), and we do wireless sync with BB via BES Server.

We don't use outlook here, so is there another way to do this?

Can I output to delimited text and import it directly to the phone with something else?
    08-12-10 07:40 AM
    BUMP:

So there is no solution in synching large contact list?? from Lotus Notes to the BlackBerry?
    08-18-10 07:20 AM
    My company doesn't use Outlook either, I had to do this on the side to get my BB populated

using the 9000 my fear it was the hardware is unfounded, the VP at my company with an 8830 found he couldn't sync after a certain number which I forget now, but it was far less than the 8330 could do.

I really believe that for your first sync you're going to have to do it wired, and forewarn your employee that there is a really good chance he'll lose any extensions he has pre programmed with the first sync, one we started wireless sync over desktop sync I lot everyone's extensions in my BB, and could only get them in my lotus notes. I dread if I had more than 1000 how long it would have taken to fix it.

will the wireless sync allow you to sync in lots? maybe sync 500 at a time? I'm not sure the set up of it, as I'm fortunately just a user on our lotus system and never have to be an admin, I do everything on a personal device if I have to have anything complicated.

as for output/input, you could probably use Windows Address Book ( comes preinstalled on Windows 7) or you might be able to do it with Thunder Bird, you'll need some sort of contact management software to try with,
    08-18-10 07:40 AM
    Thanks for your reply deRusett.

Yeah the unfortunate part of this is, the user is also in Vancouver and I'm in Toronto, and he is not tech savvy enough to do anything like what you recommend.

I have no idea even how to do the synchronizing in chunks but I'll look into it.
    08-18-10 07:51 AM
    Good luck!

That does pose a problem. it's always the far away people with the biggest issues eh!

PS. hows the 401 today? I'm on my way through Toronto to Hamilton this morning, I hate the GTA
    08-18-10 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD