Why would only some calendar items come up in the search function? When I search for particular calendar items, for instance, some show up, but when you try to actually open those, it says "no appointments", when clearly - it just showed me three of them! Yet on others, it allows you to open the appointments! None are marked "private".
    07-07-10 07:49 PM
    I don't think I can be of much help with your problem as I've always been able to open whatever the search provided as a result and my imagination won't allow me to conjure up a reasonable explanation. I did however want to point out that the 'private' designation has no bearing on what is displayed or whether or not you can open it. If an item is marked as private, it simply keeps that entry from being synced and it keeps the entry hidden from others should they attempt to view your calendar appointments on their BB when you're on BES.
    07-07-10 11:14 PM
    Thanks for that Reg! This really has me stumped.
    07-08-10 07:47 AM
  4. T
    Yes, thank you. I'm not on BES, but that's definitely good to know.
    07-08-10 07:51 AM
    I'll tell you something else that drives me insane with this BB Search function: When I search for an entry that happens to be a recurring event, it only displays the first (original) event and not all of them. It also won't hit on events that are 'yearly' recurring.

I scheduled an event on May 21, 2009 and set it to recur every 16 weeks. When I search for a keyword, the only hit I get is the May, 2009 entry. If I want to see when the next occurrence is, I have to either search manually through each event in my agenda view, or open a date calculator app that I have installed. Also, when I search a keyword in Messages, it'll hit on the person and date, but when you click on the entry, you're taken to the last message that person sent and you have to scroll up to the date/time to see the actual conversation that contained the keyword that you searched for. What a pain! This Search leaves a lot to be desired!
    07-08-10 12:05 PM
    That is absolutely true! Someone should develop a better search engine. It definitely leaves a lot to be desired!
    07-08-10 02:00 PM
  7. T
    Perhaps it could be fashioned after the standard BlackBerry search feature, the one for contacts, that is. That works swimmingly!
    07-08-10 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD