i have had no problems logging in
    You had no problems logging in because you aren't using an 8530 (at least according to your phone model you have listed. Everybody that I've seen on here that is having problems are the ones using an 8530. It doesn't seem to be carrier specific, as 8530 w/VZW, Alltel, and Bell Mobility haven't been able to login.
    11-18-11 03:15 AM
    Same problem here. Also using an 8530.

I am disgusted that BB's @BlackBerryHelp twitter account is just a black hole. Email support got me an autoreply.

RIM is in trouble & they are not doing themselves any favors with this lousy app & utterly absent followup.
    11-18-11 04:28 PM
    A week since it has been down now and no fix from BB Cannot even go onto support as it cannot connect or send seems to be connected to this issue. I guess this is a good reason to just buy out my plan and get a new phone and different plan.
    11-18-11 09:26 PM
    Yeah, they have something completely foobarred. The support site where you enter your pin says I have an invalid pin also. Makes no sense, as I can login to BB protect from the app on my BB just fine, can hit app world, can download apps, etc, etc. I've sent a couple tweets to the @blackberryhelp thing, and haven't got anything back. I better keep a close eye on my phone until this gets fixed!
    11-18-11 11:35 PM
    Yeah, same issue here - 8530 in SE Michigan on Sprint. Ugh.
    11-19-11 02:47 AM
    I have a similar issue - and I am using a Bold 9900.
    The Protect app on my device says I am all backed up. It lists for me all the backups, etc.
    I can also use App World with no problem.
    But when I login to protect.blackberry.com from my laptop through a browser, my 9900 doesn't appear. Its just not there.
    11-19-11 05:53 PM
    I use bb protect and since I had it on my torch it (gps locator) never worked. Everything else worked fine. Just wondering, have any of you here ever seen the gps locator actually pinpoint your device? I haven't.
    11-19-11 07:44 PM
    mine worked the first few days .. now getting the error msg. does BB have a eta on the repair
    11-19-11 10:51 PM
    You would think RIM would monitor Crackberry! I have not received any response from them!
    11-20-11 07:50 PM
    Just checked mine and the gps locator worked fine. I just logged in and I didn't notice any problems at all. I have a torch 9850.
    11-20-11 09:55 PM
    It only seems to be affecting the 8530 and OS5. Is any one else who has a different phone but running OS5 having a problem?
    11-21-11 09:52 AM
    I have a 8530 on Sprint with OS5. Also have 9650 on Sprint with OS6. Worked fine up until the new protect website. Now I get the same error on both phones/blackberry id. Have tried it on different browsers, on different computers. Same error!
    11-21-11 03:10 PM
    It sure sounds more and more like a website issue!
    11-21-11 04:59 PM
    Website has been down a couple of days. Phone backs up fine.
    11-21-11 09:22 PM
    I use bb protect and since I had it on my torch it (gps locator) never worked. Everything else worked fine. Just wondering, have any of you here ever seen the gps locator actually pinpoint your device? I haven't.

Yes I have used it in the past a couple of times, it pinpointed within 5 meters.
    11-21-11 11:05 PM
    I'm also having the same issue as everyone else. It used to work for me before they upgraded the website. I'm using a BB 8530. Any help out there?
    11-22-11 03:50 PM
    I finally heard back from @BlackBerryHelp on twitter, and they told me to have my carrier escalate the issue to RIM. I even had a link to this forum thread when I originally tweeted them. WTF kind of an answer is that? Since they work for RIM, wouldn't the proactive thing for them to do is that THEY (BBHelp) forward the issue to RIM, rather than me contacting my carrier, explaining the issue - again - then have my carrier escalate the issue? SMH.
    arcticberry likes this.
    11-22-11 06:25 PM
    I finally heard back from @BlackBerryHelp on twitter, and they told me to have my carrier escalate the issue to RIM. I even had a link to this forum thread when I originally tweeted them. WTF kind of an answer is that? Since they work for RIM, wouldn't the proactive thing for them to do is that THEY (BBHelp) forward the issue to RIM, rather than me contacting my carrier, explaining the issue - again - then have my carrier escalate the issue? SMH.
    Guess we are SOL then for a while. I wish I was able to get the newer smartphones but service in the arctic is crappy and only can use 8530 and the newer versions will not work up here. All that shows on our signal is 1x so we are limited to that.
    11-22-11 10:36 PM
    I have a 9650 with OS6. I logged in with my Playbook. It located me within 7 meters, rang my phone, displayed a text on the screen, and showed my backups.
    11-22-11 10:54 PM
    Just tried it this morning. Able to log in and find both blackberries! Must have been a glitch on the website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 08:36 AM
    Hooray, I was finally able to login this morning as well!
    11-23-11 11:46 AM
    Me too!!!!
    11-23-11 01:06 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD