I'm a BB n00b running OS 5 on a Tour. Sometimes, when I click the message icon on the homescreen, I get sent to the message list but immediately get snapped back to the homescreen. I have to click the messages icon a second time to get the message list.

Any idea what might be causing this?
    11-18-10 04:20 PM
    When was the last time you did a battery pull?
    11-18-10 04:49 PM
    You can always put the cursor on it and hit enter. The left angled keyboard arrow. I use the enter key a lot instead of pushing the track.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 06:32 PM
    Nozzles: Nope, battery pull didn't help. It seems to have something to do with the hidden today feature of the theme I've been trying out. And it's been happening across a bunch of themes with hidden today.

Albee: Same behavior, even using the enter key.
    11-18-10 09:03 PM
    Got to be a wonky theme. Swap it out and find another. Have you looked in the CB Themes Forum. Lots of great freebies. My favorite theme came out of there and was free. Happy hunting.

11-18-10 09:21 PM
    No, this happens with every theme I've tried.
    11-18-10 09:31 PM
    Does the track ever act up using it for anything else or is it just the message icon? It's either hardware or an Os issue. Especially if you have the same problem with other themes.

11-18-10 09:36 PM
    Unless it worked fine until you downloaded something new. How long has this been happening?

11-18-10 10:01 PM
    It's actually just the Messages icons, including SMS. For everything else, the trackball is fine -- no problems. I've actually been able to reproduce the sequence of events that leads up to the problem. Again, this seems to affect themes with the Today feature.

1. Scroll up to a message in, say, the SMS list in Today on the homescreen.
    2. Click the message to open up the conversation.
    3. Exit the message list to the homescreen with the End key.
    4. Click on any message icon.
    5. Message app opens and then immediately closes and I'm back on the homescreen. If I click the message icon again, I'm go to the message list and stay there.

This doesn't seem to happen if I select a calendar event on the homescreen.

Weird, huh?
    11-18-10 10:04 PM
    What happens if you put all the messages in 1 box instead of separated?

11-19-10 02:12 PM
    Tried that, but it didn't work. I thought it might have something to do with the BePopUp notification app I have installed, but the problem didn't go away when I disabled it.
    11-20-10 09:17 AM
    I'm out of suggestions. Sorry. You might try searching the forums for a resolution. Search tab upper right corner. Good luck.

11-20-10 12:35 PM
    Thanks for your input, albee. I appreciate it
    11-20-10 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD