My 16GB memory card for about the 6th time is giving me. "A media card has been inserted that has not been formatted. Format now?". Every time this happens I'm losing recent stuff that hasn't been backed up. Is there a way around this or do I HAVE to format again?
    08-18-11 04:13 PM
    Maybe try formatting it in another device, like your camera or PC. Sounds like it's not being formatted properly.
    08-18-11 04:19 PM
    What brand Media card is it? is this happening when you reinsert the card after removing it?
    08-18-11 04:20 PM
    Maybe try formatting it in another device, like your camera or PC. Sounds like it's not being formatted properly.
    I've done it by both PC and Phone before.

What brand Media card is it? is this happening when you reinsert the card after removing it?
    SanDisk.
    08-18-11 04:29 PM
    It might just be a bad card. I would try a different one.
    08-18-11 04:33 PM
    It does sound like a bad card it happens even though Sandisk is one of the more reliable brands.

I had it happen to me once, then I realized I was supposed to unmount the card before removing it if the device was on. Once I unmounted the card before removing it no more problem.

Now though I use wifi file transfer so I don't have to remove the card at all anymore.
    08-18-11 04:38 PM
    Could it be due to the fact that this phone constantly needs a battery pull?
    08-18-11 04:49 PM
    thebbnoob I believe you had another thread about this issue. If that was your thread did you see my suggestions on how to trouble shoot to find where the problem might be?
    08-18-11 05:18 PM
    Could it be due to the fact that this phone constantly needs a battery pull?
    That is possible. If it were me I would wipe the phone and reload the OS.
    08-18-11 05:24 PM
    thebbnoob I believe you had another thread about this issue. If that was your thread did you see my suggestions on how to trouble shoot to find where the problem might be?
    My other one didn't have a post from you in it. Could you please tell me your solution? Thanks.

That is possible. If it were me I would wipe the phone and reload the OS.
    So bored of doing this... I guess I may have no choice.

I used Zero Assumption Recovery but that didn't really give me back what I wanted.
    08-18-11 06:52 PM
    The best way to find out if its your card or the BlackBerry smartphone is to place your media card in a different device and use it for a few hours. If it works without issue in another device than the issue is with the smartphone.

If its your BlackBerry you will need to reinstall the OS. Be sure you are installing your carrier approved OS and not some other version leaked or floating around.

You do not need to wipe the device, it will do nothing to correct the issue you are describing.

I hope this helps.
    08-18-11 07:08 PM
    Would using the Windows 7 backup feature work with a networked PC?
    08-18-11 07:50 PM
    Phone failed to format the memory card, gonna do it by PC. Anyone recommend any software recovery programs? I've just downloaded Recuva, I've tried Z-A-R but it didn't seem great, and loses file names.

Edit: The phone DID format the memory card, even though it said it didn't. Jeeze, I've had nothing but problems between Torch and Storm 2 since October. A total of 13 replacements...
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 08-18-11 at 09:17 PM.
    08-18-11 09:14 PM
    This happened to me a few months ago.
    I copied everything to my PC, deleted all the bbthumbs files from the backup, and formated it with the HP SD tool, and it's been great since then.
    08-18-11 09:54 PM
    I'm still trying to find a way to copy everything before formatting, but having no luck.
    08-18-11 10:11 PM
    Ah that sucks, you might have just lost everything on your card.
    I back my card up every few weeks for this exact reason.
    08-18-11 10:21 PM
    Yeah it does. I do the same too, I just really needed yesterday's stuff (I backed up the day before). I think I'll just accept it as lost, this is becoming tiresome. Thanks for the help everyone.
    08-19-11 01:44 AM
    It's happened again with a new card. I've had enough of this, and the phone.
    08-26-11 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD