I went to blackberry.com/aim and tried to install AIM on my blackberry curve, I got this message "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry."

Why does my device not meet the system requirements? What can I do to fix this.

Also another question, Im totally new to the forum if you havent noticed;-) I tried to install blackberry 4.5 on my phone, went threw downloaded it to install it. Got a message saying I had to restart my computer to continue, so I did. When the computer restarted I not longer had the install window up on my screen and cannot find any program on my computer to run to install it. Hopefully someone can help me with this also

Thanks everyone for your help!
    11-02-08 04:11 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/impo...arriers-70670/

To install an OS update, you need to install both the OS to your computer, and Desktop Manager. Desktop Manager is what actually installs the OS to your device.

Proper Upgrade / Downgrade Procedure
    11-02-08 04:22 PM
    As for AIM use Jivetalk, it's better and let's you cover more instant messaging apps under one roof. I had the same problem/error with aim, and didn't feel it was necessary to install separate messaging apps. So I just use what I mentioned. Obviously saw so many others on here that mentioned jivetalk as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 05:15 PM
    Yeah, BeeJive (formerly JiveTalk) is what I went for in the end. Great app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 05:27 PM
    I went to blackberry.com/aim and tried to install AIM on my blackberry curve, I got this message "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry."

Why does my device not meet the system requirements? What can I do to fix this.

Also another question, Im totally new to the forum if you havent noticed;-) I tried to install blackberry 4.5 on my phone, went threw downloaded it to install it. Got a message saying I had to restart my computer to continue, so I did. When the computer restarted I not longer had the install window up on my screen and cannot find any program on my computer to run to install it. Hopefully someone can help me with this also

Thanks everyone for your help!
    Don't try doing the OTA install through that link. While it *should* work, it doesn't. That link works when using it through a PC though. If you want to download it directly through your phone's browser, go to www.blackberry.com/instantmessaging and it will show you all available downloads for your device. If that doesn't work for you, use the link that was posted above regarding installing AIM and ICQ on any provider.

Also, not to sound rude, but "just use JiveTalk" isn't always an appropriate solution to a person's problem. Seems like this is everyone's response in every thread about IMing. While I do agree that it is a good program, not everyone needs multi-platform and some people are only moderate users and would just prefer to use the free offers.
    11-02-08 07:40 PM
    Well I had problems with Yahoo and even went through Rimm support and still could not use Yahoo so I had to get JiveTalk (which worked for me) just so I could use Yahoo.
    11-02-08 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD