Up until today, to send an e-mail I would begin to type in the "To" field and my contacts would appear for me to choose from. Now my contacts do not appear. When I send an SMS, my contacts still appear when I type in the "To" field. I have done several battery pulls and re-sent the service books but can't seem to fix it. Any ideas what I can do?

I have a Blackberry Curve 8530 on Sprint - BIS.

Thanks
    06-18-10 11:05 PM
    Have you recently upgraded your OS? Has something changed with your device recently that could have caused something to change in your contacts list?
    06-18-10 11:23 PM
    Have you recently upgraded your OS? Has something changed with your device recently that could have caused something to change in your contacts list?
    I've had the phone about a month with the same (and still current) OS. I sent some e-mails this morning in my normal fashion - no problem. This afternoon I tried to send another e-mail when I encountered the problem. In between those times I did not download anything or re-start the phone. I don't know what could have caused it but I don't know much about Blackberrys either.
    06-18-10 11:27 PM
    Did you try to reply to a current e-mail, or did you start an e-mail from the beginning?

Say for instance you send an e-mail to John, and you e-mail back and forth, and then the convo is over. Later on, you decide to send a message to Mary, did you try to send it from the message thread you had with John, or did you go to compose a new message to Mary?

First thing I would try is go to your e-mail folder, press the "C" button (for compose) then enter the name of the contact you want to e-mail.
    06-18-10 11:35 PM
    Did you try to reply to a current e-mail, or did you start an e-mail from the beginning?

Say for instance you send an e-mail to John, and you e-mail back and forth, and then the convo is over. Later on, you decide to send a message to Mary, did you try to send it from the message thread you had with John, or did you go to compose a new message to Mary?
    I can reply to an e-mail with no problems but when I start a new e-mail when I start to type in the "To" field, it does not pull up my contacts - I can send an e-mail but would have to manually enter the e-mail address - that is too much work for me!
    06-18-10 11:37 PM
    Hmmm... odd, I've never had that happen to me. Have you tried re-loading a backup contact file to your BB? Maybe deleting the BB from your device and resubmiting it would do the trick...
    06-18-10 11:39 PM
    Hmmm... odd, I've never had that happen to me. Have you tried re-loading a backup contact file to your BB? Maybe deleting the BB from your device and resubmiting it would do the trick...
    I haven't tried that but I will. Thanks for the help!
    06-18-10 11:41 PM
    No problem, let me clarify slightly (I've had a few drinks!)

Try deleting your e-mail from you BB, then re-set it up with in the BB interent service.
    06-18-10 11:45 PM

Try deleting your e-mail from you BB, then re-set it up with in the BB interent service.
    Got it. I should start drinking now before I do it.
    06-18-10 11:46 PM

Unfortunately this did not work. I really do appreciate the help though.
    06-18-10 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD