I just got off the phone with GoDaddy tech support. They are having a problem with BBs connecting to their servers. My Bold was working fine until just after 3pm EST today - then the mail stopped. I've got another non-GoDaddy email account setup on the Bold and it still works fine.

I've done the battery pull, resent service books, and deleted the email accounts from the device. I can recreate the non-GoDaddy account just fine, but the GoDaddy account won't recreate - it says there is a username or password problem. (and yes, I am using the correct password )

I just wanted to post this in case anyone is pulling their hair out like I was. Hopefully they get it fixed soooooon.

Happy 4th everyone.
    07-02-09 10:12 PM
    Thank you so much for posting this! I am having the exact same problem and could not figure out what was going on. I was just getting ready to give T-Mobile a call....hopefully they'll get it fixed up soon.
    07-02-09 10:19 PM
    Have you tried connecting with IMAP settings instead of POP3? I have a GoDaddy domain that I receive email on, and it's been solid; and the email is instantaneous, almost like push. You have the option to set up using IMAP in your BIS configuration page.
    07-03-09 12:21 AM
    Hi -

Thanks for the suggestion, but it seems that GoDaddy has resolved the problem. Mail started coming in again around 1am EST today. Like I said, when I called their support line, they were aware of the problem and working on a solution.

Glad they were able to get it resolved quickly - I am heading on vacation and the BB is going to be my lifeline.
    07-03-09 06:28 AM
    It is back down. I talked to GoDaddy at 9am Pacific and they admitted the problem and that it would be fixed in a "couple hours". That was four hours ago.
    07-03-09 03:10 PM
    Yeah - it seems to have been going in and out all day. I will get some messages, then nothing for three hours, then a big rush of messages. Hopefully the problem gets resolved soon. I really need it to work while I am on vacation next week.
    07-03-09 03:22 PM
    I just called tech support (4:30 EST) and they are aware of the situation. It seems to be an intermittent problem. Yesterday, I couldn't send or receive on the GoDaddy account. Today, it is a problem only the receiving end. Outgoing messages are being sent.
    07-03-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD