I have three Bolds in hand. Problem only one will connect to my router. All find router and settings but two I can not use browser, error says not valid sim card, but the one that works does not have sim card either. Any suggestions?
    10-15-09 12:38 PM
    I have three Bolds in hand. Problem only one will connect to my router. All find router and settings but two I can not use browser, error says not valid sim card, but the one that works does not have sim card either. Any suggestions?
    What firmware version are you using?
    10-15-09 03:14 PM
    The one that works is 167
    One 297 and 5.0 238
    10-15-09 03:19 PM
    Can you use other functions of the device that use while on wifi. Or is it just the browser. For instance, I have my BerryWeather set to the Wifi setting. So when I select the update feature, if it doesn't detect Wifi, the update will fail. I'm trying to figure out if it's only the browser that won't work, or is it everything? I know some people don't use a SIM, but I suggest using one.
    10-15-09 03:32 PM
    These phones are unlocked but not active on a network other than prepaid sim.
    No data plans, this is why I am wanting to use wifi.
    10-15-09 03:35 PM
    These phones are unlocked but not active on a network other than prepaid sim.
    No data plans, this is why I am wanting to use wifi.
    Do you have all 3 default browsers set to "Hotspot Browser"???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 05:42 PM
    That was the problem the two were set to media net.. Thanks a bunch.
    10-15-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD