hi guys,

this is my first blackberry so be kind lol.

im having problems connecting to the internet using my wifi at home, it just wont seem to load up the pages. also in my router page under attatched devices its not shown there either, even though if i do a diagnostic on the connection there is a little green tick in the authenticated box.

please please help

martyn
    06-10-09 02:32 PM
    It sounds like you have made the connection correctly, you should have a unique IP address within your network.

Wifi will only work with the HotSpot Browser.

Options / Advanced Options / Browser. Select the Default Browse and press Menu / Change Option. Select HotSpot Browser and Save.

Open you Browser and try a reliable URL like google.com. If that works correctly, you have your Internet.
    06-10-09 02:38 PM
    thanks for the reply, i have changed the setting to what you said and tried google but it just says unable to find the server.
    06-10-09 02:51 PM
    I guess we had better not assume anything.

Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics.

You will see a diagnostic screen that should have your SSIS and provide you with a Local IP Address. Are both of these present?

Association and Authentication should have Green check marks.
    06-10-09 02:56 PM
    yup both have a green tick in them and i have a valid ip address
    06-10-09 03:01 PM
    Lets try an experiment, Open your Browser, Menu / Goto ...

You should be able to enter the address as: google.com

If that works, the problem may have been trying to use a link that expected the Internet Browser.

If that still does not work, can you reset your router back to factory defaults and try it again? That will be an open channel connection, the simplest one for troubleshooting.
    06-10-09 05:39 PM
    thanks for the info guys but it still playing up. it connects sometimes, others it wont. this is the most trouble with a phone i have ever lol
    06-13-09 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD