ever since yesterday when i went to a rather large site on the net my phone has been "loading"with the little sand peice symbol allllll the time for no reason,i mean i can dial and what not,but if i try to exit somthing or put in my password or just about anything it loads forever,after like 15 seconds of this the screens free again and i can do what i want,anyone know whats up?should i exchange it?

and also up in right hand corner instead of it saying GMP or somthing like it used to next to the internet arrows it says "edge"whats this all about?related?

thanks
    12-03-07 09:58 AM
    I have seen that before too and I think it's something on the website that is trying to download and either doesn't finish or takes a long time. I have usually pulled the battery when I saw it. I didn't have the patience to wait 15 mins

the EDGE notification means youre on the EDGE high speed network instead of plain old GPRS. I'm sure someone more technical than I will explain the exact difference, but the bottom line is that it's faster
    12-03-07 10:04 AM
    If it is "edge" (lower case) it is faster than GPRS
    If it is "EDGE" (upper case) it is faster than "edge"
    12-03-07 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD