03-25-10 07:03 PM
37 12
tools
    I am just wondering how private you should keep your PIN.

I have seen people openly posting them in forums. Is there no harm in this ?

The last thing I need is for some new advertising bot to start trying to PIN message me.

Thoughts ?
    01-31-09 08:38 PM
    There is very little anyone can do with your PIN. Best practice is if
    you get a PIN request from someone you don't recognize, deny the
    request. I have never gotten an ad or any type of spam as a PIN
    message in the time I have been a BB user.
    01-31-09 09:53 PM
    No spam or messenger idiots to date. Worst I have had is someone who never utters a word but what can ya do? Delete em.

Security wise as AG said there is not much they can do. I have many folks from CrackBerry and I have real nice chats with them. Give it a shot
    01-31-09 09:59 PM
    I have yet to give my PIN to someone that I didn't know. I don't see much harm in it though.
    01-31-09 10:03 PM
    I am just wondering how private you should keep your PIN.

I have seen people openly posting them in forums. Is there no harm in this ?

The last thing I need is for some new advertising bot to start trying to PIN message me.

Thoughts ?
    It's really up to you. It's more secure than giving out your number... the worst you'll have is being harassed, but I haven't had that problem.

Message me if you want to try it out.
    01-31-09 10:04 PM
    I have my pin posted, and had no problems thus far. I have had a few unsavory characters, and I just deleted them. No biggie. By having my pin posted, I have had the opportunity to make wonderful bbm buddies. If you find yourself getting too many adds, and it gets overwhelming just don't post it.
    01-31-09 10:07 PM
    I have never given my pin to anyone yet. I deleted my BBM, AIM, ICQ, etc. So I am not sure it would even work without 1 of those. I do however use the crap out of my email!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 10:09 PM
    BBM has become so popular in the past year, it's hype has been compared to that of facebook.
    01-31-09 10:15 PM
    my pin is well posted... im not afraid
    01-31-09 10:18 PM
    my pin is well posted... im not afraid
    That's cause you is the shizznit, Benzo!
    01-31-09 10:20 PM
    so true SD, so true...
    01-31-09 10:42 PM
    That's cause you is the shizznit, Benzo!
    Oh brother, don't encourage him. He's already too fabulous for words anyway
    01-31-09 10:43 PM
    I haven't been in a big rush to do it. I may have to ease into it slooowly... LOL
    01-31-09 10:45 PM
    Oh brother, don't encourage him. He's already too fabulous for words anyway

NO FAIR

everyone is appealing to my vanity!
    01-31-09 11:01 PM
    I have my pin posted, and had no problems thus far. I have had a few unsavory characters, and I just deleted them. No biggie. By having my pin posted, I have had the opportunity to make wonderful bbm buddies. If you find yourself getting too many adds, and it gets overwhelming just don't post it.
    I agree. I have met some amazing people with through bbm. A few I have deleted. But not enough for me to remove my pin.
    Feel free to add me
    01-31-09 11:31 PM
    guess ive held mine a little closer to my chest than most.. but im coming around. plan on posting my scan here pretty soon. havent had any bad experiences/spam/***** problems.. kind of nice actually.. dont get those stupid forwards ppl like to send in sms
    07-24-09 10:53 AM
    i don't freely post my pin around for just anyone. there are 8 people that have my pin from CB...but that pin comes with trust. they have been great friends to have around.

but if you do want to post your pin, there isn't much to worry about except some weirdos.
    07-24-09 11:04 AM
    i dont see a problem with posting ur pin..ill post it anywhere because in the long run you have to accept them and if you decide ehh dont wanna tlk to them u just delete them and bam there gone
    07-24-09 11:11 AM
    Your PIN number can be made public, you are in full control over who you decide to accept or delete.

What is critical, is the combination of PIN and IMEI numbers. With that information, a third party can hijack your service, receive all of your message and email and appear to be you.

07-24-09 11:13 AM
    At first I wanted friends on bbm but now I don't use it so I don't give my pin out anymore but it was posted on several threads. If I had continued using bbm then I would continue posting my pin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 01:53 PM
    i love blackberry messenger just it kills my battery so fast it seems but i love the speed of it
    07-24-09 02:37 PM
    So knowing your PIN doesn't give anyone access to your device?
    03-24-10 11:28 AM
    So knowing your PIN doesn't give anyone access to your device?
    what I am asking is that if the have my PIN could someone access data on my phone?
    03-24-10 12:00 PM
    I've only given it out once.
    How does Loopt work then? It's based on your PIN...I only want very few, specific people to find me 24/7.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 03-24-10 at 12:30 PM.
    03-24-10 12:28 PM
    E-mail is really my choice of contact. My pin could be shared if anyone asked, but for the most part is kept private.
    03-24-10 01:09 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD