I have free app task manager that shows active android apps and it allows to shut them down m. My concern is that none of these apps are running on my phone and yet they show as active. Even if I shut them down they will come back. So my concern is that 1. This affects my battery life 2. I have privacy concerns. Why would any of these apps like Zite or Skype keep coming back. Does it transmit some of my data etc. ? Pretty much i have deleted most of my android apps and replaced them with bb10 native ones (even if it meant extra few dollars). I only keep android ports which have none at all bb10 native equivalent. I've been contemplating getting nexus 5 for a test drive but now I would not touch android with 10 foot poll.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Privacy concerns with android ports-uploadfromtaptalk1399485387877.jpg   Privacy concerns with android ports-uploadfromtaptalk1399485409451.jpg  
    05-07-14 01:05 PM
    Don't switch to Android. You will probably have nothing but problems if you do.

You're currently using a BlackBerry and you're already doing one of the single worst things you can do on an Android device.

Android handles that job perfectly well on its own. Third party task killers/managers have been proven time and time again to cause more harm than good.
    05-07-14 01:41 PM
    Don't switch to Android. You will probably have nothing but problems if you do.

You're currently using a BlackBerry and you're already doing one of the single worst things you can do on an Android device.

Android handles that job perfectly well on its own. Third party task killers/managers have been proven time and time again to cause more harm than good.
    I am not planning to switch to android but i am just wondering how come android apps can run on its own without my knowledge or input
    05-07-14 02:50 PM
    Honestly those app killers are not reliable imo

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    05-07-14 03:52 PM
    Those are Android's version of the BlackBerry 10 "Headless app service".

They just get auto restarted because that's allowed. They aren't the full application, just a smaller headless module.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 04:26 PM
    And you can't modify if it is headless or running in the background. What d f are people thinking. Oh wait they don't think.
    You can't even modify any access permissions on Android and if anyone knows how out of the box then please share

? Slicing using my ?
    05-07-14 07:01 PM
    Have you tried not using android ports?
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 05-07-14 at 07:21 PM.
    05-07-14 07:04 PM
    Have you tried not using android ports?
    Most of the time I can go by without android ports but there are certain apps which have no native equivalent.

It is funny now has mentioned these are headless apps and yet we cannot get proper headless native apps like for be weather pro.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    05-08-14 04:53 AM