Does anyone know what this does? You can change the option from "None" to "Tone"
    07-17-08 09:01 PM
    Does anyone know what this does? You can change the option from "None" to "Tone"
    I found this info in a February 2007 post on Pinstack: Depending on your service provider, your BlackBerry device might support a voice privacy service. Depending on the status of the wireless network, the voice privacy status might change during a phone call. If voice privacy is active, a small "P" icon appears on the Active Call screen and in the device status section of the screen. You can set whether you receive notification when there is a change in voice privacy service during a call.

That was the only entry that had any info about the function. The rest of the entries were "I'll try it and report back what I find..." but nobody ever reported back. I suspect it's a capability Rim put in the phone that no service provider implements.
    07-17-08 10:08 PM
    I found this info in a February 2007 post on Pinstack: Depending on your service provider, your BlackBerry device might support a voice privacy service. Depending on the status of the wireless network, the voice privacy status might change during a phone call. If voice privacy is active, a small "P" icon appears on the Active Call screen and in the device status section of the screen. You can set whether you receive notification when there is a change in voice privacy service during a call.

That was the only entry that had any info about the function. The rest of the entries were "I'll try it and report back what I find..." but nobody ever reported back. I suspect it's a capability Rim put in the phone that no service provider implements.
    hey jeff i have been looking for the same thing to night i saw it on blackberry support community forums in a post but know one new much about it and i did a search on google but didn't fine anything worth while or on crackberry when i searched. there has to be a way to get info on it its bugging me now.
    02-02-09 09:40 PM
    You could always call your CSR. But if Verizon and Sprint don't implement it, I'd be surprised if USCellular did.
    02-02-09 10:25 PM
    You could always call your CSR. But if Verizon and Sprint don't implement it, I'd be surprised if USCellular did.
    that would be true.
    02-02-09 11:13 PM

Np small "p" on tour 419
    03-06-10 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD