Waiting for mercury is not an option for me, unfortunately. I'm really looking forward to it but have to get a new phone for Christmas. It's either the Priv or S7 with Keyboard Case, which is $14 on amazon insread of $60 or whatever ridiculous price it was at launch. Hear Priv has build quality and other issues. PKB is quite important to me. I'm currently on Sprint, too so Priv would mean switching carriers. Not a bad idea since we aren't amazingly happy with Sprint.
    I would get a Sprint Q10, but there's no denying BB10 is near end of life.
    11-27-16 12:41 AM
    Read James' review of it on BerryFlow - https://berryflow.com/2016/11/samsun...y-alternative/
    Matty likes this.
    11-27-16 02:50 AM
    Waiting for mercury is not an option for me, unfortunately. I'm really looking forward to it but have to get a new phone for Christmas. It's either the Priv or S7 with Keyboard Case, which is $14 on amazon insread of $60 or whatever ridiculous price it was at launch. Hear Priv has build quality and other issues. PKB is quite important to me. I'm currently on Sprint, too so Priv would mean switching carriers. Not a bad idea since we aren't amazingly happy with Sprint.
    The S7 is a hell of a beast, I got myself the S7 Edge a month ago and loving it, battery life, build quality, display quality, Camera and features in general are far ahead of the Priv.

Treat yourself
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    11-27-16 03:22 AM
    This is interesting. I wasn't even aware that the Samsung has this kind of accessory I checked related video reviews, and as I suspected, it's no BlackBerry pkb competitor.

I did buy my new Priv the other month. Been very satisfied with the Priv pkb, although I use its vkb over 90% of the time. I'm still looking forward to the Mercury though.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 07:19 AM
    If they give the Priv and company the same support than they gave to My 3 years old Z10 and Q10 (receive every update til the very end), go for the priv, it Will last longer on the long run, because the S7 Will dye on Android O, the priv (taking in consideration what i said before), Will die when BlackBerry Android dies totally, and BlackBerry (as a Software company) is growing little for little, so I don't see that happening for now and for at least the next 2 or 3 years, considering than they launched the Dtek 60 and Mercury Will be launched, its not like Android handsets are doing that bad

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 08:59 AM
    The S7 is a hell of a beast, I got myself the S7 Edge a month ago and loving it, battery life, build quality, display quality, Camera and features in general are far ahead of the Priv.

Treat yourself
    Actually save your money and by a Priv. Currently half the price of the s7 unlocked for black friday, more secure and is the most unique android that you can buy with its sliding keyboard. Most importantly, you don't need a cheesy case for the keyboard. Ughh.

S7 is just another slab android in a sea of Samsung androids, although it's camera is excellent.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 09:08 AM
    Actually save your money and by a Priv. Currently half the price of the s7 unlocked for black friday, more secure and is the most unique android that you can buy with its sliding keyboard. Most importantly, you don't need a cheesy case for the keyboard. Ughh.

S7 is just another slab android in a sea of Samsung androids, although it's camera is excellent.

Posted via CB10
    And the Priv is another poorly built failure from BB.

The Priv has a Snapdragon 808, that alone should have you running away from it. It also tries to do the whole curved display thing, but not as well as Samsungs do.

OP, are you looking at S7 Flat or the Edge?
    cribble2k, jaydee5799 and shaleem like this.
    11-27-16 09:12 AM

The Priv has a Snapdragon 808, that alone should have you running away from it.
    Nah, your previous Samsung recommendation, the 'post recall Note 7' is a much better buy. Lol
    11-27-16 09:15 AM

The Priv has a Snapdragon 808, that alone should have you running away from it.
    My Priv is well built and problem free. And yes the Samsung does have the 820... and one would then have to buy the cheesy Samsung keyboard to meet OP requirements.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 09:17 AM
    For a pkb, BlackBerry is the way to go. Full stop.
    11-27-16 09:17 AM
    My Priv is well built and problem free. And yes the Samsung does have the 820... and one would then have to buy the cheesy Samsung keyboard to meet OP requirements.

Posted via CB10
    I'd rather buy the cheesy keyboard and get the S7, than settle for a device that was sold as a high end flagship with subpar build, and average everything else AKA Priv.
    11-27-16 09:20 AM
    I'd rather buy the cheesy keyboard and get the S7, than settle for a device that was sold as a high end flagship with subpar build, and average everything else AKA Priv.
    Well that is because you clearly are a Samsung fan judging by your recent posts on this and other threads.

My Priv does not have any sub par build that you speak of. That sliding keyboard slides ever so smoothly. I like sliding it open just because I can.

Right now the Priv is $397 and the Samsung is $720 plus keyboard costs. (costs from manufacturers websites Canadian - unlocked) .

Seeing how the op needs a physical keyboard and apparently isn't concerned with latest specs I fail to see how you could recommend the more expensive Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 09:39 AM
    Well that is because you clearly are a Samsung fan judging by your recent posts on this and other threads.

My Priv does not have any sub par build that you speak of. That sliding keyboard slides ever so smoothly. I like sliding it open just because I can.

Right now the Priv is $397 and the Samsung is $720 plus keyboard costs. (costs from manufacturers websites Canadian - unlocked) .

Seeing how the op needs a physical keyboard and apparently isn't concerned with latest specs I fail to see how you could recommend the more expensive Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    I am a Samsung and Apple user, sorry for throwing off your generalisation.

I simply cannot recommend a Priv, it was never a good product, in the same way that I can't recommend a LG G5, HTC One M9, or a Samsung J series for example.
    11-27-16 09:43 AM
    I am a Samsung and Apple user, sorry for throwing off your generalisation.

I simply cannot recommend a Priv, it was never a good product, in the same way that I can't recommend a LG G5, HTC One M9, or a Samsung J series for example.
    Priv is to consumers in its early days what OS 10 were to us on 10.0, and unpolyshed, buggy, bad made Product, but with time it and deddication it changed from being rough diamond to be the jewel that today much love, Priv on Lollipop was what you Just said, it wasn't a good Product, but look it today, Marshmallow gave a New chance in life to priv, Just like BlackBerry 10.2 and 10.3 gave another look to OS 10 entirely, so you My deared friend, are totally wrong about your claim, Priv was a bad Product, today is a very good one for its current price, and Will be with the support BlackBerry will give to it in the next years to come, it Will become more good update after update until it is toe to toe wih OS10, Just give it time

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 09:52 AM
    Priv is to consumers in its early days what OS 10 were to us on 10.0, and unpolyshed, buggy, bad made Product, but with time it and deddication it changed from being rough diamond to be the jewel that today much love, Priv on Lollipop was what you Just said, it wasn't a good Product, but look it today, Marshmallow gave a New chance in life to priv, Just like BlackBerry 10.2 and 10.3 gave another look to OS 10 entirely, so you My deared friend, are totally wrong about your claim, Priv was a bad Product, today is a very good one for its current price, and Will be with the support BlackBerry will give to it in the next years to come, it Will become more good update after update until it is toe to toe wih OS10, Just give it time

Posted via CB10
    I have not used a Priv on Marshmallow, so I'll take your word for it, regardless, in terms of SoC, Display, Camera, Build quality, Battery Life and features, the Priv does not come close to a S7. If OP values a keyboard over all that, then go for the Priv.
    11-27-16 10:12 AM
    Read James' review of it on BerryFlow - https://berryflow.com/2016/11/samsun...y-alternative/
    Thanks for posting, I had no idea about this. Interesting but the pictures make it look like cheap plastic. Still interesting, thanks.

 BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    11-27-16 10:13 AM
    I have not used a Priv on Marshmallow, so I'll take your word for it, regardless, in terms of SoC, Display, Camera, Build quality, Battery Life and features, the Priv does not come close to a S7. If OP values a keyboard over all that, then go for the Priv.
    Android Central made a review of the priv on M, and is qualified wayyyy better than it did with L, Just like 10.0 and 10.3, and in battery, I Will go to say they share a simmilar one, the priv battery is a little smaller than the Passport, and share a simillar screen to the S7, in Camera, well the Priv camera is good, but you are right on that one, Priv can't compete with Sammy in that regard, Just like Processor, but in display, well, the S6 screen (essentially what the priv have) is practically the same to the S7, I have seen both phones and for me that is the conclusion, in the Software department for the other side, BlackBerry eats Touchwiz with Heins (yes pun very very intended) ketchup, but that last one is relative to every person tastes

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 10:21 AM
    I got one of the $299USD AT&T unlocked privs this past summer (had I known BlackBerry would be discounting the phone at the same price for Black Friday I would be waited) and first thing I did was load Android M with the BlackBerry Autoloader. The phone works great with excellent build quality. I can't speak for the Android L version, cuz I never used it.

My gf has an S7. Great camera, (selfie camera too good actually) but when you consider the price, software, monthly security updates, and Keyboard, I prefer and would recommend BlackBerry Priv for the OP. I don't even think that it is close given the physical keyboard requirement.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 12:24 PM
    I got one of the $299USD AT&T unlocked privs this past summer (had I known BlackBerry would be discounting the phone at the same price for Black Friday I would be waited) and first thing I did was load Android M with the BlackBerry Autoloader. The phone works great with excellent build quality. I can't speak for the Android L version, cuz I never used it.

My gf has an S7. Great camera, (selfie camera too good actually) but when you consider the price, software, monthly security updates, and Keyboard, I prefer and would recommend BlackBerry Priv for the OP. I don't even think that it is close given the physical keyboard requirement.

Posted via CB10
    As I said before, M gave the priv a New life,http://m.androidcentral.com/blackber...one-year-later , this back up what @z10Jobe said

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 01:17 PM
    As I said before, M gave the priv a New life,http://m.androidcentral.com/blackber...one-year-later , this back up what @z10Jobe said

Posted via CB10
    Taken from that link, says it all really and confirms my thoughts:
    11-27-16 01:55 PM
    Taken from that link, says it all really and confirms my thoughts:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...281531dd3a.jpg
    It says than other phones has been better than priv, not that the priv didn't get better, so try harder

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 01:57 PM
    It says than other phones has been better than priv, not that the priv didn't get better, so try harder

Posted via CB10
    Try harder at what? These are my exact thoughts, there are far better Androids, thanks for proving my point.
    11-27-16 02:03 PM
    Try harder at what? These are my exact thoughts, there are far better Androids, thanks for proving my point.
    There are, but the OP is asking for Priv or for S7 with keyboard, I am telling why I do think Priv is better, I provided a review that says why I do think than M gave Priv a New life, that priv isn't the Best one is another thing, so do isn't the S7 and so on

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 02:12 PM
    And The S line with the keyboard add-on started with the S6 or S6+, so it isn't nothing new, if you want to go Sammy buy the S6 od 128gb and buy the keyboard, you Will earn tons of Cash and you Will get nougat as last update, but you Will get the Samy experience

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 02:18 PM
    And The S line with the keyboard add-on started with the S6 or S6+, so it isn't nothing new, if you want to go Sammy buy the S6 od 128gb and buy the keyboard, you Will earn tons of Cash and you Will get nougat as last update, but you Will get the Samy experience

Posted via CB10
    You will earn tons of cash? Please explain?
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    11-27-16 02:39 PM
104 123 ...