Can't BB just make android a little more swipe gesture friendly? I know there are a tonne of apps out there that will mimic this...but really, are we THAT far apart when it comes to BB10 and BBdroid? Can we not find a happy medium where BB10 users can preserve the superior multitasking, and overall productivity they have come to expect from BB10, while the others can get the apps they want to play with?

That being said, I would definitely add a passport on bbdroid to my collection.
    jonhoffman46 likes this.
    12-27-15 08:49 AM
    All I've ever heard on here is how fragmented and crappy Android is. So I vote Passport.
    12-27-15 09:40 AM
    Why didn't bb just make the android version of the Priv function exactly like BB10 instead of just going halfway? They could have added all of the same swipe gestures and everything else. I'm sure the android crowd would have appreciated gaining these features more than the BB10 crowd appreciates losing them. Perhaps bb is just easing the android crowd into it and will continue to introduce more bb10 functionality over time.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-27-15 at 10:00 AM.
    12-27-15 09:50 AM
    There's a pretty good chance that this WON'T happen because of the 'commercial issue'. It's already been released as a BB10 device. Much the same reason that we will not likely see a BB10 version of the Priv. As much as some people would love to see either / or, it would confuse almost everyone else and also make BlackBerry seem like they are going in circles.

If a Passport comes to Android, it won't be any of the existing models. It would most definitely be a new model and marketed as such.
    There is also the issue of android apps not being optimized for a square screen. Many apps would not look right on the Passport due to form factor so BlackBerry would not want those complaints to go along with everything else.

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    12-27-15 10:22 AM
    I recommend BlackBerry 10 to be free from Google.

I even switched to Duckduckgo because I hate those Google maggots.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 12:32 PM
    BB10 All Day

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 04:20 PM
    It is largely a matter of personal preference. The only reason for either is the physical keyboard. I have a Passport although I have only had it for a short time. I am intrigued by the Priv. Android is certainly the long term bet. BB10 may or may not be around long term, but the fact that there are so many discussions about the future of BB10 isn't without some meaning. It is hard imagine a company with Blackberry's limited resources keeping two operating systems for long and clearly Android is the future.

You mention you currently have android which is another thing indicating the Priv. You presumably have some investment in apps. You didn't discuss details of that, however.
    12-27-15 05:00 PM
    It is largely a matter of personal preference. The only reason for either is the physical keyboard. .
    I beg to differ, if you value true multitasking and hub and swiping among other things it will involve more than just the keyboard. Even then, there is the size of the keyboard as well.

Don Diego endorses the Zed and wields a Silver.
    12-27-15 06:16 PM
    All I've ever heard on here is how fragmented and crappy Android is. So I vote Passport.
    Just a fan boy myth. I went from BB10 to Android and frankly I have no regrets . I works fine and has a ecosystem as well.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    12-27-15 06:53 PM
    I beg to differ, if you value true multitasking and hub and swiping among other things it will involve more than just the keyboard. Even then, there is the size of the keyboard as well.

Don Diego endorses the Zed and wields a Silver.
    I'm not ignoring it but rather the OP is ignoring all touch BBs. Although it is hardly the main point of either my post or the OP. I don't think the things you mentioned matter much, however.
    12-27-15 07:13 PM
    Just a fan boy myth. I went from BB10 to Android and frankly I have no regrets . I works fine and has a ecosystem as well.
    Lol. Someone's sarcasm detector is off.

Making a choice between BB10 and Android today has never been easier.

BB10 - Technically sound but a commercial failure. Soon to be dead.

Android - Technically sound too and a commercial success. Alive and kicking.

Which one from a realistic point of view absent fanboism?
    TgeekB, JeepBB and Witmen like this.
    12-27-15 07:30 PM
    I'm waiting for the Priv running BB10 (the OS it should have)
    I am waiting the same!

Posted via Passport
    acovey likes this.
    12-28-15 06:29 AM
    For personal usage, Priv;
    For business usage, Passport
    It's a nice combo but both are big devices and sometimes feel difficult to handle

Posted via Passport
    12-28-15 06:30 AM
    Thank you all for your thoughts and ideas. After reviewing a lot of information on either phone, I am thinking the Priv is the most practical choice.
    If I ever want to use a Passport in the future, it's going to be around 300-250 unlocked, so buying it as a backup in the future is definitely an option as well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-28-15 12:18 PM
    As much as I believe the passport really is the greatest device ever created, imo the Priv is the smarter choice as android appears to be the future of BlackBerry devices. I personally would never drop a lot of money on a device that won't be getting any more major updates or support.

Sent from my Passport
    12-29-15 12:52 AM
    Just wait for the passport running Android coming soon

Posted via CB10
    As Priv owner's waiting Priv running OS10

Posted via Priv...
    12-31-15 01:57 AM
    It is hard to recommend wasting your upgrade on a device with an OS that will be EOL within the year or one with a two generation old version of the OS you are already using.

Stick with what you have and see what the situation is this summer.

Before I made the move to windows phone my plan was to stick with a BB10 device till the bitter end but the sad reality is given the way Chen has deprecated the native app supply in Blackberry World all BB10 users are relying on a runtime that won't be updated for anything beyond email/SMS/MMS and voice functionality. Given the rate at which droid apps change that is a losing bet.
    01-08-16 07:38 AM
42 12