Hey guys! I have an upgrade coming up, and I am ready to go back to Blackberry. I have had the passport in mind for as long as I have had an android, however now that upgrade time is here I have taken a better look at the Priv.
    I am wondering if any of you have had the same quibble, and if not, words of advice are very much appreciated!
    Thank you for all that you do!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-21-15 07:15 PM
    If you don't want to part with your apps, surely go the Priv route. If you value simplicity on getting things done and swipe gestures, go with the Passport.
    12-21-15 08:01 PM
    Just wait for the passport running Android coming soon

Posted via CB10
    jonhoffman46 likes this.
    12-21-15 08:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm waiting for the Priv running BB10 (the OS it should have)
    lift, anon(9188202), BB_PP and 1 others like this.
    12-21-15 08:46 PM
    I'm waiting for the Priv running BB10 (the OS it should have)
    You both might as well hold out for the Bold running IOS.
    JeepBB, ubizmo, bbfanfan and 4 others like this.
    12-21-15 08:54 PM
    More BB10 goodness please, Mr Chen. If you can manage... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    BerrySoul likes this.
    12-21-15 09:35 PM
    You both might as well hold out for the Bold running IOS.
    NO, don't like iOS either. Sure miss some parts of BBOS 7.1
    12-21-15 09:46 PM
    I'm sure you've read the pro and cons of both devices. But the PPSE's building materials are nice in brushed stainless. The HUB is said to be a more complete experience on BB10. A productivity monster.

But if Google is your thing and Android software, suits you. Then the Priv it is.

Posted via CB10
    glwerry likes this.
    12-21-15 10:11 PM
    no, don't like ios either. Sure miss some parts of bbos 7.1
    yes!

Priv or Passport? Android or BB10?-maxresdefault.jpg
    12-21-15 11:08 PM
    NO, don't like iOS either. Sure miss some parts of BBOS 7.1
    Then you might as well wait for a Priv running BBOS 8. It will came at the same time as the BB10 version.
    12-21-15 11:13 PM
    If your main use for a phone is email and messaging, and don't mind something different (and don't care about 1 hand operation), PPSE all the way. Otherwise, go with the Priv.

I tried the PP and PPSE, and both went back because my company would not allow them. It's an awesome communication device, and sometimes the wide screen is really nice, but the Priv (IMHO) is an all around better device if you're not just communicating (Web browsing, videos, misc apps) or trying to take a stand against "the Google".

BerrySoul likes this.
    12-21-15 11:46 PM
    Not sure if you were joking, but BB could do this near-instantly if they wanted. BB used the Passport as the Android testbed internally for a least a year before releasing the Priv.

So, releasing a Passport/Android combo would be a commercial rather than a technical issue, as it already exists internally and they already know it works!
    12-22-15 02:29 AM
    Not sure if you were joking, but BB could do this near-instantly if they wanted. BB used the Passport as the Android testbed internally for a least a year before releasing the Priv.

So, releasing a Passport/Android combo would be a commercial rather than a technical issue, as it already exists internally and they already know it works!
    There's a pretty good chance that this WON'T happen because of the 'commercial issue'. It's already been released as a BB10 device. Much the same reason that we will not likely see a BB10 version of the Priv. As much as some people would love to see either / or, it would confuse almost everyone else and also make BlackBerry seem like they are going in circles.

If a Passport comes to Android, it won't be any of the existing models. It would most definitely be a new model and marketed as such.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-22-15 02:48 AM
    No comparison here. The Passport is a beast with an awesome Os. Android is plain crap.

  
    JulesDB likes this.
    12-22-15 11:00 AM
    Hey guys! I have an upgrade coming up, and I am ready to go back to Blackberry. I have had the passport in mind for as long as I have had an android, however now that upgrade time is here I have taken a better look at the Priv.
    I am wondering if any of you have had the same quibble, and if not, words of advice are very much appreciated!
    Thank you for all that you do!

You will not be disappointed , the Passport SE is plain awesome!

  
    JulesDB likes this.
    12-22-15 11:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    No way! A gem with an crappy Os. BlackBerry ruin.

  
    acovey likes this.
    12-22-15 11:05 AM
    Come on Chen gives us the Passport 2 with the Awesome BB10 os!!!!

  
    12-22-15 11:06 AM
    yes!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	699 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	385285
    Sorry I don't get it. Should I be mad or glad?
    12-22-15 08:29 PM
    Then you might as well wait for a Priv running BBOS 8. It will came at the same time as the BB10 version.
    Sure I can wait as long as I don't have to join the Android or iOS group it's all good. Woops forgot I still have the flip phone option as well.
    12-22-15 08:35 PM
    More BB10 goodness please, Mr Chen. If you can manage... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    And that is something I fear; the imminent EOL of BB10, kind of how OS7 fizzled out in terms of updates. A passport running android as the "play" side and bb10 as the "business" side, or maybe making a BB10 skin for android.

12-22-15 08:58 PM
    I also think Blackberry has a lot of options in terms of software and they are just having a difficult time matching that up with the limited hardware capability that they have. To me, Blackberry seems like they will eventually become an end to end software provider, and therefore the Priv is probably a better choice in terms of device longevity.

12-22-15 09:03 PM
    Get whatever makes you happy, whatever you really want. I really wanted the passport so I got it, I know that it has its limitations but its what I wanted.
    12-22-15 11:39 PM
    I am a former passport owner. Go for the Priv, you will not regret it !
    12-24-15 11:16 AM
    Get whatever makes you happy, whatever you really want. I really wanted the passport so I got it, I know that it has its limitations but its what I wanted.
    Thanks but that's kinda the point of the OPS post. HE doesn't know WHAT he wants

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 07:50 PM
    Personally, I would not go for either at this time unless you need a pkb. If you need a pkb I would go with the PRIV because it will be less frustrating a year down the road. If you mainly use the device for emails and texts or surfing the net, I would prefer the Passport. It is like a mini tablet.
    12-25-15 10:31 AM
42 12