Why would blackberry sale a new phone that is not compatible with the desktop software? That doesn't make good business sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 08:48 PM
    Why would you want it? Link offers no value to the Priv. The Android transfer tool is perfectly fine for moving files and even then, it's not REALLY needed. The Content Transfer tool, as terrible as it is, serves those digital hoarders who fear losing everything even though they won't as long as due diligence is done beforehand. For everything else, the device is backed up through cloud services so it pretty much serves 0 use.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    12-08-15 09:33 PM
    Deleted this post because I completely misread the original post whoops.
    12-08-15 09:37 PM
    Why would you want it? Link offers no value to the Priv. The Android transfer tool is perfectly fine for moving files and even then, it's not REALLY needed. The Content Transfer tool, as terrible as it is, serves those digital hoarders who fear losing everything even though they won't as long as due diligence is done beforehand. For everything else, the device is backed up through cloud services so it pretty much serves 0 use.
    Digital hoarders... lol

some messy places, some SDs and hard drives, haha! :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-08-15 09:43 PM
    I can not transfer data via the cloud as we are still old school and keep all of our data on physical server. That is one of the reasons that I have always been a die hard BlackBerry customer. I really don't trust Google and don't like iPhone. Is BlackBerry phasing out BB 10 support? I actually tried a Priv but returned as could not sync my calendar and contacts. Blaze thanks for the reply and I would like to know what other options that we may have. BlackBerry's are work horses and I would like to keep using them.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 10:34 PM
    I can not transfer data via the cloud as we are still old school and keep all of our data on physical server. That is one of the reasons that I have always been a die hard BlackBerry customer. I really don't trust Google and don't like iPhone. Is BlackBerry phasing out BB 10 support? I actually tried a Priv but returned as could not sync my calendar and contacts. Blaze thanks for the reply and I would like to know what other options that we may have. BlackBerry's are work horses and I would like to keep using them.

Posted via CB10
    In BlackBerry's own words..

While PRIV will provide a choice in operating system to new and existing customers, the company remains committed to the BlackBerry 10 operating system, and will continue to release platform updates focused on security and privacy enhancements.
    You can take that to mean whatever you wish. I won't dictate that for you. But if you don't trust Google, won't buy an iPhone, that only leaves Windows Phone of the big players to choose from.
    12-09-15 03:35 PM
    Doesn't look good on the independent side.

Jolla is sacking half their staff apparently, and Mozilla pulled the pin on Firefox OS as a phone OS... :-(

Ubuntu Phone is taking longer than expected to get where they wanted to be.

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-09-15 09:11 PM
    Doesn't look good on the independent side.

Jolla is sacking half their staff apparently, and Mozilla pulled the pin on Firefox OS as a phone OS... :-(

Ubuntu Phone is taking longer than expected to get where they wanted to be.

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    I'd heard about Jolla but didn't know about Firefox OS. That sucks. It seems that there's very little room for alternatives in the smartphone arena.
    12-09-15 09:23 PM
    Everyone should be assimilated.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 09:50 PM
    Everyone should be assimilated.

Posted via CB10
    "Should be"? Will be!

Resistance is futile. You will all be assimilated.
    -- Locutus of Droid.
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-09-15 10:20 PM
    +100

I might be on my Passport, or I might be on my Priv. Either way, I'm up to my knees in BlackBerry JUICE!
    12-18-15 09:20 PM
    Chevy or Ford what a boring thought. One would think people would want more choices instead of less. Got to tip my hat to good old fashioned marketing. Apple commercials are a case in point in their brilliance and simplicity. Each time one plays (like every 30 minutes in prime time our 10 year old says "wow dad that looks like a really cool phone." (she has an iPhone 4s with no cell service) And usually she will say how come BlackBerry does not advertise their swiping and keyboard features? (she uses my Z10 and Z30 occasionally and covets my White Passport) I just shake my head. It's as simple as that. I coach my daughter and her classmates on a competitive soccer team and anytime I had my Passport out prior to practice a group of 9-10 year old girls would gather round and note how "cool" and "different" it was from other mobile devices. I hope, after the AT&T exclusive ends, BlackBerry makes some kind of mainstream marketing efforts for the Priv.

Z30 wickedness
    12-19-15 02:03 AM