Hi crackberry nation,
    Need somw help. I have a long text conversation I want to save. Is there a way to print it? Want to save it,and then clean up the phone. Thanks.could not get good answer in search.
    01-29-12 08:42 AM
    I'd like to know how to do that too. I got a year's worth of texts and every time I get another one my phone has a little heart attack.
    tcseacliff likes this.
    01-29-12 09:29 AM
    Forward it as an email to your email addy then print it.
    Hit your menu key and scroll till you see "forward as", Simple.
    01-29-12 10:32 AM
    This was mentioned in another thread the other day...

I didn't find the thread, but I use fixmo tools. It has wifi connection (that I set up) to my PC, and I can print that way.
    01-29-12 10:36 AM
    Forward it as an email to your email addy then print it.
    Hit your menu key and scroll till you see "forward as", Simple.
    Not so simple. There are well over 100! Am not going to copy /paste one at a time
    ! Was hoping thee was a way to select all and then sve or send entire conversation!
    01-29-12 10:49 AM

I didn't find the thread, but I use fixmo tools. It has wifi connection (that I set up) to my PC, and I can print that way.
    Can fixmo let you selct the whole conversation?
    01-29-12 10:51 AM
    Plug your BlackBerry into a computer with BlackBerry Desktop Software installed, create a full backup or if you'd prefer to keep it clean a custom backup with only the SMS Messages and/or Text Messages option selected.

Then go download a copy of MagicBerry which you can then open up the .IPD file and export your SMS/Text Messages an CSV file which you can open in Excel or similar program that you can then edit or format to your hearts content.

I have to do this now and then at work-after you've done it once it takes about 60 seconds . This is by far the simplest way I've found without having to go get Apps installed on the device which in a lot of cases isn't required or wanted by my end users.
    01-29-12 11:01 AM
    Not so simple. There are well over 100! Am not going to copy /paste one at a time
    ! Was hoping thee was a way to select all and then sve or send entire conversation!
    I didnt realize you had so many ! Anyway you dont copy/paste just "forward as"
    Hopefully someone else can help with your massive message mayhem.............

Cheers
    tcseacliff likes this.
    01-29-12 11:13 AM

Plug your BlackBerry into a computer with BlackBerry Desktop Software installed, create a full backup or if you'd prefer to keep it clean a custom backup with only the SMS Messages and/or Text Messages option selected.

Then go download a copy of MagicBerry which you can then open up the .IPD file and export your SMS/Text Messages an CSV file which you can open in Excel or similar program that you can then edit or format to your hearts content.

I have to do this now and then at work-after you've done it once it takes about 60 seconds . This is by far the simplest way I've found without having to go get Apps installed on the device which in a lot of cases isn't required or wanted by my end users.
    This soiunds great. The magicberry,do you download it to your pc or phone? What is an .Ipd file? This is very noob for me . Hope I can do it, I am on the road now away from my computer,filling up my sms's fast! Thanks!
    01-29-12 11:19 AM
    Can fixmo let you selct the whole conversation?
    Yes. I do not select the sonversation.

Must have remote print installed and running on PC.
    Must have sync set up.

Open the email, hit print.
    *** am not able to print sms messages ***
    01-30-12 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD