I thought I read about an application that uses GPS to prevent the screen from locking when you are in a predefined area such as your home or work. Anyone know if such an app really exists?

Tim
    02-01-10 06:37 PM
    There's at least one app that can determine if you are within a certain distance/location (maybe). But can't recall its name. Check out posts by SMILIExx (where xx might be 88)
    02-01-10 09:11 PM
    A program that could bypass the password lock would be a horrible security loophole, whether it used the GPS or not. I've never heard of one, but I'll be interested to see if somebody posts one.
    02-02-10 07:44 AM
    A program that could bypass the password lock would be a horrible security loophole, whether it used the GPS or not. I've never heard of one, but I'll be interested to see if somebody posts one.
    Seems like the new version of VZNAV does not lock the phone after the predefined time. Seems like it's a blessing and a curse.
    02-02-10 03:07 PM
    Some apps have added the ability to reset the event timer. I am guessing this is what the BB uses to determine if the BB hasn't been used for a certain duration (so if you have your BB set to lock after one hour...). Maybe some of the GPS apps can use this to keep the screen from locking while navigating.... ?
    02-02-10 06:58 PM
    Some apps have added the ability to reset the event timer. I am guessing this is what the BB uses to determine if the BB hasn't been used for a certain duration (so if you have your BB set to lock after one hour...). Maybe some of the GPS apps can use this to keep the screen from locking while navigating.... ?
    If you know one of these that is free, I'd be interested in trying it. If it can keep the password from timing out without requiring a key press, that's a serious security problem.
    02-02-10 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD